In the midst of the current challenges facing entertainment company Zylofon Media, one of its workers has come out to narrate his experience with working with the firm.
In a piece submitted to ameyawdebrah.com, the staff member who identified himself as Rexford Tetteh (a marketing executive) stated that things have fallen apart at Zylofon Media.
Speaking to citinewsroom.com, Rexford explained that even though his resignation letter is ready, there is no one at post (not even the Human Resources Manager) to submit to because all the workers had been asked to stay home.
Read Rexford Tetteh’s story
Today marks exactly 1 year I started working at Zylofon media as a marketer.
I received a call from a lady (HR) with a voice sweet enough to melt the hearts of angels;
“Rexford, you have been employed. Please report at the office by 8am.”
OMG! OMG!! OMG!!!
I couldn’t hide my excitement, I called close friends, family and even said a silent prayer to the most HIGH. History was about to be made and Rex will not be left out. Hmmm
As marketer, an artist, beat maker, keyboard instructor with many years of experience in entertainment activities, working for Zylofon Media was just a dream come true.
Entertainment in Ghana was literally on life support and needed immediate resuscitation. Musicians, actors/actress had no major platforms supporting their arts. There were no record labels with the right financial muscles to push these artistes beyond the Togo border.
Most artistes in their struggle for survival metamorphosed into Instagram slay kings and queens. To cut a long story short, there was little or no hope.
Lo and Behold, Zylofon Media came on to the scene. Entertainment suddenly had life. The structures looked solid, the money was good, the hype was heavy. Zylofon signees; Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Becca, Joyce Blessing, Kumi Guitar and Obibini were all trending and their bank accounts experienced the joy of riches.
Even the late Ebony’s father, Mr Kwarteng had a few wonderful accolades for this generous empire (Zylofon). International organizations such as BET also had their fair share of the zylofon dream when zylofon/Menzgold sponsored parts of their award categories. LIFE WAS GOOD.
Some of the keys on the Zylofon started playing “off.” The discord was hydra headed but will touch on a few.
The “frefre kobo and pese menko menya” was fast gaining grounds and causing internal mayhem in the organization.
Both internal and external forces with PHDs in pulling people down were also at work and management couldn’t find any solution to the conundrum.
Every idea developed by Zylofon Media (Zylofon cash, Zylofon studio etc) had great potentials but suffered premature death because long term planning was taken for granted.
All my life, I have never met employees with 100% passion for their job like some Zylofon employees. But Practical solutions to problems from these employees fell directly on deaf ears. After all “money no be problem.”
As soon as the supply line (Menzgold) got hit by series of problems, Zylofon started losing its sweet musical flavors and the light at the end of the tunnel, couldn’t be found.
The challenges being faced by Menzgold (the mother company) obviously had a huge impact on Zylofon Media. Speculations about where the chunk of Menzgold cash went is still anybody’s guess.
Since my duties as a marketer with Zylofon media didn’t extend to anything Menzgold, I am not in the position to discuss Menzgold issues. In the spirit of not washing dirty linen outside, I will refrain from discussing internal issues such as non payment of salaries and unfair treatment meted to marketers at Zylofon.
For the past 3 months, all employees of Zylofon have been asked to stay home until further notice. The main reason for this decision is that management fear for employees safety. Some Menzgold customers visited Zylofon to protest oblivious of the fact that most of these Zylofon employees had their investment locked up with Menzgold also.
The fact is, things are systematically falling apart and the centre can no more hold. I am sad because it’s a great loss for Africa, Ghana and entertainment in general.
- A letter to Nana Appiah Mensah on Zylofon Cash
- Menzgold Saga: What Zylofon Media signees should include in their New Year resolutions
- Stonebwoy Takes Final Decision On Whether Or Not To Attend Willie Roi’s Funeral
- VIDEO: Stonebwoy Opens Up On The Seizure Of His Assets By EOCO
- VIDEO: Stonebwoy Reveals Why President Akufo-Addo Is Silent On Menzgold Issues
- I’m Grateful And Still Support NAM1 Wherever He Is – Stonebwoy
- VIDEO: Stonebwoy Gives Reasons Why He Won’t Attend Willie Roi’s Funeral
- NAM1 Has A Big Brain And We Need Him – Kontihene
- NAM1’s Zylofon TV And FM Go Live Again After EOCO’s Directive To Suspend Operations
- A Vivid Eyewitness Account Of How Willie Roi Died
- Willie Roi’s Death: A Possible Suicide Due His Huge Debts?
- EOCO To Chase Socrates Safo Over $1 Million Zylofon Arts Fund?
- FLASHBACK: When Willie Roi Said “Jesus’ Second Coming May Never Happen” – VIDEO
- FLASHBACK: Willie Roi And Stonebwoy’s Feud – VIDEO
- BREAKING NEWS: Zylofon Media’s Willie Roi is dead
- Joyce Blessing Dissociates Herself From Menzgold Brouhaha
- MENZGOLD SAGA: Joyce Blessing Now A Radio Show Host At Atinka FM After Zylofon Media Shutdown
- AUDIO: I’ll Expose And Curse All The ‘Big Men’ Who Benefited From My Son’s Wealth – NAM1’s Father Warns
- JUST IN: EOCO Storms Shatta Wale And Stonebwoy’s Houses To Take Over
- Blakk Rasta Becomes Jobless As EOCO Takes Over Zylofon FM And TV
- MENZGOLD SAGA: Full List Of Properties Registered In NAM1’s Name Identified By EOCO
- JUST IN: Zylofon Media Suspends Operations Following EOCO’s Order
- NAM 1’s Zylofon TV And Radio Suspends Operations; Complex ‘relinquished’ to EOCO
- MENZGOLD NEWS: Zylofon Media surrenders TV and Radio stations to EOCO
- MENZGOLD SAGA: Submit NAM1’s Assets Or Face The Law – EOCO Warns Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy And Others
- Menzgold saga: Shatta Wale Finally Confirms He’s Parted Ways With NAM1’s Zylofon Music Record Label?
- NAM1 spent £70,000 to treat Becca’s STD in London; Details of all monies NAM1 spent on her revealed
- Zylofon Media ‘goes down’ with Menzgold; office space opened for rent
- PHOTO: Landlord throws out NAM1’s Zylofon Media From Tamale office
- EOCO Probes Shatta Wale And Others Over ‘Items’ Given To Them By Zylofon Media