Coronavirus or COVID-19, is arguably one of the disastrous and deadly pestilences in all of human history. The virus has claimed the lives of many, globally, COVID-19 has resulted in over 550,000 deaths. Ghana is indeed no exception with regards to this sad development. Ghana’s death toll as at today July 10, 2020 stands at 129.
The virus is no respecter of person, age, or social status. The virus has claimed the lives of some famous politicians, celebrities and business moguls. In this article, we take a look at some young and promising Ghanaians who died from the deadly coronavirus.
Samuel Walterbag until his demise was the Chief Executive Officer of the People’s Pension Trust, a financial program geared towards providing pension products for farmers, traders, small-scale enterprises and business persons with Ghana’s informal economy. Samuel Walterberg died briefly after contracting the deadly coronavirus on Friday, March 22, 2020. His death came as a surprise to many Ghanaians, as many believed the virus could not kill young adults.
Famous Ghanaian blogger Germaine is one of the unfortunate Ghanaian young adults who lost their lives to the deadly coronavirus. Germaine, who was the founder and Chief Executive officer of the website “lipsnews.com” is believed to have contracted the virus whiles in South Africa and passed away in South Africa. Germaine was a product of the Adisadel College and had his tertiary education at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
Lionel Appiah Budu
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Popular social media bodybuilder and gym trainer on Facebook, Lionel Appiah Budu popularly referred to as Kobby Lionels met his untimely death at the icy hands of the deadly coronavirus on July 7,2020. The sudden incident happened briefly after the Facebook machoman married his longtime girlfriend. His death came as a shock to many. A follower and friend wrote, “Ah Kobby, how? Yessterday, I was with him but had to leave because he had COVID-19 and his family came to visit him, how can he just die.”
Mrs. Ocran was a Ghanaian nurse living in the United States of America, New York to be precised. He worked as the head nurse of the Psychiatric Unit of the Jacobi Medical Center in the City of New York. The Ghanaian nurse’s death was announced by her son, Kwame Ocran who revealed that reports from the doctors concerning the death of her mother indicate that, she died as a result of the deadly coronavirus.
Famous Drive Time host with Neat Fm, the late Kwadwo Annor Wiafe met his early demise in mid-June, 2020. Briefly after his death, rumors were that, the MC who had been on hospital admission a week before his death, died from coronavirus. This narrative was widely publicized by Asaaseradio.com until close friend of Kwadwo Wiafe and Chief Executive Office of KOFAS Media, Kojo Asamoah publicly refuted all claims by some bloggers that his bosom friend died from coronavirus. According to him, the radio personality did not die from the deadly coronavirus and called on the public to wait on the deceased’s family to formally announce the cause of Kwadwo Wiafe’s death. Kojo Asamoah gave a stern warning to bloggers who would fabricate stories about his late friend.
Young Ghanaians Who Tested Positive for COVID-19
Gary Al- Smith
Gary Al- Smith a Multimedia Group Limited journalist announced mid-June,2020 that he had tested positive for the deadly coronavirus and then was receiving treatment at the University of Ghana Medical Centre (UGMC) in Accra. Al-Smith was one of five staff at the Accra office of the media company who tested positive for the disease and are asymptomatic and have been isolated.
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- KNUST Coronavirus Test Kit: Was it a hoax?
- Ghanaian celebrities who have tested for Coronavirus
- Notable Ghanaians who have died of coronavirus
- NPP members who have died of coronavirus
- List of all Ghanaian politicians who have recovered from COVID-19
- All the times Nana Akufo-Addo proved that NPP is above the law
- Popular Ghanaians Who Have Recovered From Coronavirus
- Akufo-Addo’s free water and electricity, are they for votes or genuine concern?
- Coronavirus: Ghanaian Celebrities Who Are Still Stranded Abroad
- CORONAVIRUS FIGHT: Will Ghanaians reward the NPP or show them the exit in the 2020 elections?
- Will the final year SHS students thank Akufo-Addo for FSHS or punish him for COVID-19 exposure?
- Akufo-Addo’s cabinet members go missing; sparks rumours of widespread of COVID-19 in the Jubilee House
- Akufo-Addo goes ‘missing’ in isolation; sparks rumours of coronavirus treatment
- Coronavirus: Ex-President Kufuor and wife admitted at UGMC
- COVID-19 Fight: Nana Addo And His Appointees Have Failed Ghanaians
- Coronavirus: Was Gary Al Smith discharged just to stop him from exposing the government further?
- John Mahama’s running mate announcement, and other important events coronavirus has affected
- Astronomical rise in Ghana’s COVID-19 recoveries met with scepticism
- Coronavirus: Fundraiser for pregnant Ghanaian nurse who died in the UK hits $100,000