Father’s Day is a day set aside to celebrate fatherhood and paternal bonds, as well as the influence of fathers in society. Father’s Day falls on the third Sunday of June, and it was first celebrated in 1910. A father accepts responsibilities and takes care of his children and his family.
On this special day which barely receives much buzz compared to Mother’s Day, we take a look at some young Ghanaian celebrities who are considered the sweetest dad’s ever.
Osei Kweku Vincent also known as Strongman or Strongman Burner or Strong Gee is a rapper. He was recognized for winning the maiden edition of the Next Big Thing in GH Rap music which was a rap competition in Ghana. He has a baby girl with his girlfriend Nana Ama. Strongman seems to be the latest celebrity to father a child. There has been no hint of wedding bells sounding soon.
Dennis Nana Dwamena, known as KiDi, was born on August 18, 1993. Kidi is a Ghanaian Highlife, and afro beats singer/songwriter. He is currently signed to Lynx Entertainment. Just recently he uploaded photos of his 3-year old son during his birthday celebration. The mum of the baby is currently not known in the media and it cannot be established if KiDi is still dating the mother of the child.
Peter Famiyeh Bozah is known by stage name Fameye. He is a musician from Bogoso in the Western Region of Ghana. His first TV appearance was when he took part in MTN Hitmaker Season 4. He is known for his single ‘Nothing I get’. Fameye on June 12 melted hearts of his fans when his girlfriend gave birth to a baby boy.
Actor John Dumelo is a proud father of at least one boy. The lovely boy joined the family after Dumelo married his girlfriend Gifty in a star-studded marriage ceremony in Accra. There were rumours that Gifty was pregnant before her wedding.
Ghana’s fastest and most decorated rapper Sarkodie is one of the young daddy’s in the Ghana Entertainment industry. Sarkodie is the father of celebrity kid Titi, whom he bore with his longtime girlfriend, Tracy Sarkcess. The couple has a second child who was born in America recently while they were on ‘lockdown’ in the country. Tracy kept his pregnancy hidden and even when news broke that she has delivered, the couple debunked the reports.
The name of the latest member of the Sarkcess family is yet to be known.
Reggae dancehall artist Stonebwoy cannot be left out of the list of young Ghanaian celebrity dads. The artist already has two lovely children, a girl and a newly born baby boy. Stonebwoy is married to Dr. Louisa.
Ghana’s rap doctor, Okyeame Kwame is also a proud father to two amazing kids; a boy and a girl. These celebrity kids are mostly used as models to advertise their father’s made in Ghana African wears. Okyeame Kwame is one of the few fathers in the world who make fatherhood very lovely that every kid would love to have him as a father.
Arguably one of Ghana’s most favoured actor, the darling boy is also with three kids, two beautiful girls and a boy. Unlike the others before him, Van Vicker does not like his kids in the media space, instead, he makes them maintain a private lifestyle.
Self- acclaimed Dancehall King Shatta Wale is also one of the proud daddies in the Ghana Entertainment industry. The musician gave birth to their son Majesty with socialite Shatta Michy. Unlike the others before him, Shatta Wale wastes no time in flaunting his kid on social media. Shatta Wale is believed to have other kids.
Ghanaian actor turn evangelist Majid Michel can’t be left out of the list of Young Celebrity fathers in Ghana. He is with three kids, two girls and a boy, out of which two were used for the popular Gino tomato paste advert.
Ghana has other young entertainers who are fathers whether still relevant in the entertainment circle or not. Others are blogger Ameyaw Debrah, Asem, Elikem Kumodzie, rapper Edem, Samini, and many others.
We say happy Father’s Day to all of them.
Who is your favourite celebrity father? Leave his name in the comment box below.
- 3Music Awards 2019: Shatta Wale’s ‘Gringo’ Likely To Win “Viral Song Of The Year” Award
- 3 MUSIC AWARDS 2019: Shatta Wale Tops With 11 Nominations – Full List
- Davido Crowned Artiste Of The Year At 2018 AFRIMA ─ See Full List Of Winners
- Shatta Wale beats Stonebwoy, Sarkodie at 2019 Ghana Music Awards UK
- I’ll love a collaboration with Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Sarkodie – Bro Sammy
- How Samini, Sarkodie and Kwaw Kese reacted to Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy’s reunion
- VGMAs 2019: Sarkodie crowned Artiste of the Decade
- VGMA19: Check out winners at 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- Shatta Wale Jabs Sarkodie And Stonebwoy; Tags Them As Ungrateful To Bloggers
- Nominations for 2019 Ghana Entertainment Awards USA revealed
- You Are Broke – Shatta Wale Jabs Sarkodie After Strongman’s Departure
- Shatta Wale’s “Gringo” Music Video Wins “African Video Of The Year” At 2019 Hipopo Music Awards In Uganda
- PHOTO: Shatta Wale Finally Makes Peace With Charterhouse Ahead Of 2019 VGMAs
- Social Media Trolls Patapaa For Dreaming Too Big That He’ll Win A Grammy Award
- Sarkodie, Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy Put Together Cannot ‘Sell Out’ The 02 Arena – George Britton
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Nigeria’s Davido Becomes The Youngest African Musician To ‘Shut Down’ The 02 Arena
- I want to have a foursome with Sarkodie, Stonebwoy, Samini and Shatta Wale – Efe Keyz
- Menzgold saga: Customers should put the blame on Becca, Shatta Wale, Sarkodie and others – Financial Analyst
- Stonebwoy and Sarkodie are a disgrace to the music industry – Shatta Wale jabs
- Check out all the Ghanaian artistes whose songs made Apple Music 2018 A-list of African Music
- Wendy Shay beats Shatta Wale and others to top as 2018 most googled Ghanaian celebrity #GoogleTrends
- Sarkodie’s Wedding Song, ‘Can’t Let You Go’ Ft King Promise Makes Apple Music 2018 A-list of African Music
- Ice Prince Beats Sarkodie To Emerge As 2018 Most Streamed African Rapper On Spotify
- Spotify 2018 Stats: Mr Eazi’s 163 million Music Streams Proves He’s Bigger Than Sarkodie, Shatta Wale And Stonebwoy
- Spotify 2018 Statistics: Sarkodie Leads With 9 million Music Streams
- Shatta Wale: Sarkodie and Stonebwoy were in school when I came out
- Did Shatta Wale and Sarkodie plan beef as means of paying for Strongman-Shatta collabo?
- Musicians that ‘ruled’ Ghana in their Prime
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- Shatta Wale Dashes His ‘Most Popular Video’ Award To Stonebwoy And Promises Never To Beef With Him Anymore(Video)