The debate about who really rules the home; whether it is the man or the woman, is an unending one and will go on for years to come.
For musician, Okyeame Kwame, the debate provided inspiration for his song Bra on his Made In Ghana album which was launched recently.
At the launch, Okyeame Kwame explained that experience had taught him that no matter your physical attributes as a man, the woman is always the boss of the home.
“Growing up I had a different mindset that when it comes to marriage and all. I thought I was going to be the boss in the home, I will know everything around the house and all but after all these years, I can confidently say, the woman is the one who runs the home.
“Because of how small my wife is, I thought I could boss her around but after 10 years, with what she has done and how she has kept things together, she is the boss.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“When it comes to the accounts, she handles them better; when it comes to the children’s school and anything that has to do with it, she does it better and has the time for it; and when I come home tired and she wants to have sex, I have to give it to her so tell me, who runs the home now? So the Bra song which features Afriyie is to tell her that she is all I have,” he said.
Okyeame Kwame also revealed that one of the things he had thought could make you a man is having a ‘side chick’ but had realised that was not true.
“I thought I could have a side chick and all that so I didn’t have to care whether my wife was around or not but then after all that we have achieved together, my wife is all I need. Bra is reassurance to my wife that she is all I’ve got and no one can replace her,” he stressed.
- I apologised to Okyeame Kwame after my Kasiebo song – Obrafour
- The quality of marriage is not in the extravagant ceremony – Okyeame Kwame
- Rap is part of Ghanaian culture nobody invented it – Okyeame Kwame reveals
- Politicians have failed the music industry – Okyeame Kwame
- My wife said I shouldn’t contest for MUSIGA President – Okyeame Kwame
- Women are the bosses of the home – Okyeame Kwame
- Okyeame Kwame makes history with ‘Made in Ghana’ album launch
- “I Send Songs To Some Big Industry Players For Criticisms And Corrections Before Releasing” – Okyeame Kwame
- Top rappers who were raised as Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own a G- Wagon
- Ghanaian celebrities who have never been in the news for the wrong reason
- 9 Ghanaian celebrities who switched Kumasi for Accra
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- Top 5 most influential Ghanaian celebrities who have kept clean sheets throughout their career despite criticisms
- 5 Ghanaian Celebrity Marriages Worthy Of Emulation
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- INSPIRING PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities who show us how they get fit
- Ghanaian families with the most celebrities
- Blakk Cedi finally shows Stonebwoy power on Instagram after he sacked him
- Kofi Kinaata deserves nomination in Gospel Song of the Year category – Quophi Okyeame
- ‘Buy land in Ghana’ – Akon woos African-Americans investors ahead of Year of Return
- KiDi speaks on having a child at age 23
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Africangurl Donia (AGD) – ‘Reason With Me’ (Cover)
- Medikal, Eno to ‘shutdown’ Ghana with Cardi B
- Most gospel musicians are not called by God – Cindy Thompson
- Obrafour ‘angrily’ replies Yaw Labito over allegations
- Kidi was my prayer point – Kuami Eugene confesses
- Kuami Eugene recounts ‘crazy’ experiences with female fans