Despite a court injection to restrain the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) from embarking on a demonstration exercise against the Electoral Commission’s limited voter registration exercise, Executives of the party say the protest will still come off as planned.
“Sun or rain, we will demonstrate peacefully”, Ashanti Regional Organizer of NDC, Mr. Isham Alhassan vowed on Kumasi-based Nhyira FM during telephone interview monitored by MyNewsGh.com.
The NDC in the Ashanti Region had served notice of protesting over the EC’s registration exercise on Monday, June 3, 2019.
The Police in the Ashanti Region secured a court order restraining the NDC from embarking such demonstration. The police say the NDC’s protest has to be rescheduled as a result of logistics challenges of the Police due to the Ramadan celebrations as Muslims in the country are expected to end their fast a day after the scheduled date for the protest.
However, speaking to the latest development, the NDC Regional Organizer said “we have received the injection order but we will still carry on our demonstration within the laws of the land”.
“The new twist is that we have changed the venue for the starting point from Aboabo Post Office to our Regional party office”, the Regional Organizer told host, Aduanaba Kofi Asante Ennin.
The umbrella family says it is demonstrating because about one million Ghanaians would be disenfranchised if the EC is allowed to undertake the limited voters’ registration exercise at the district level and selected electoral areas.
- NPP and NDC’s achievements that are confusing voters in decision making
- Why the NDC Should Not Present Mahama as Presidential Candidate Amidst Airbus Scandal
- Reasons why the NDC opposes the compilation of a new Voters Register
- NDC won’t disclose manifesto now – National Youth Organiser
- SHS headteachers, officials of GES now in bed with failed NPP govt – NDC cries out
- NDC executive assaulted at Kyebi over Okyenhene insult
- NDC dissociates from comments against Okyenhene
- Akyem Abuakwa Traditional council demands apology from NDC
- Full list of winners and losers at NDC parliamentary primaries
- Businessman wins Techiman South NDC parliamentary slot
- NDC Race: Evalue Gwira NDC exposes faceless journalist
- Death scare hits Ashaiman NDC as 6 members die in two months
- 4 file to contest Dome Kwabenya NDC primary
- 8,000 students set to graduate from NDC school
- NDC to embark on ‘Ye npene/Baa mu yada’ demonstration against EC on Monday
- NDC rejects Regional Minister’s sugar, NPP does same to Adongo’s sugar
- NPP planning to sacrifice 3 kidnapped T’di girls for rituals in 2020 polls – NDC alleges
- NDC launches door-to-door campaign for 2020 polls
- Second militia disbandment meeting Monday
- ‘I keep receiving death threats from callers’ – Sister of stabbed NDC supporter
- 7 times Nana Addo endorsed Mahama
- Reverend Owusu Bempah Is A Biased Prophet – John Mahama
- BREAKING: Former NDC Chairman Dr Kwabena Adjei is dead
- NPP/NDC Politics Has Taken Over My Church – Duncan Williams Laments
- NPP MP’s Sleeping With NDC Women – Haruna Iddrisu Reveals
- Afia Schwarzenegger Suggests Akua Donkor Should Be Caged Like A Monkey
- VIDEO: John Mahama Will Lose 2020 Elections Just Like Nigeria’s Atiku – Owusu Bempah Predicts
- VIDEO: Tracey Boakye Twerks For John Mahama For Winning NDC’s Flagbearership Race
- BREAKING: Kennedy Agyapong Releases Audio Of NDC’s Plan To Kill Dr Bawumia – AUDIO
- VIDEO: President Akufo-Addo Is A Disappointment To Ghana – Kumawood Actor