At the long last, it is almost seven months to the December 7th presidential and parliamentary elections, a time for Ghanaians and electorates alike to show their “Krakye” powers and vote out the corrupt and unproductive Nana Addo led government. The Nana Addo administration won power from the former president, John Dramani Mahama by making some unrealistic promises to Ghanaians. Among the famous promises are; one constituency one million, one village one dam, among others. However, with less than eight months to leave office, the New Patriotic Party (NPP), has nothing to boast off.
Here are some of the many reasons why Nana Addo will lose the 2020 elections to John Mahama.
The collapse of Local businesses/Loss of jobs
One reason why Ghanaians voted for Nana Addo was to create jobs for them to enjoy a better livelihood. As it stands now, the Nana Addo led administration has directed their energies to the collapse of Ghanaian business and has rendered most of the youth jobless adding to the unemployment rate in a country.
Every good, robust and resilient economy is dependent on infrastructural projects. Nana Addo in opposition had made numerous promises on constructing secondary schools across the country, but after 3 years in office, we still don’t see the infrastructural development that would match that of his predecessor who is back in the game. And knowing very well, this is going to be a crucial election of records and comparison, he has failed the Ghanaian people on the area of infrastructure.
I would say the economy that has been portrayed to be so strong took few weeks of COVID-19 to shake its roots. I would say there is a grand deception in the management of our economy and that the President hides behind the success of his predecessor to make headlines. All public funds that are being used today to cushion the economy were all set up by his predecessor, so what exactly has the President put in place to support us in future economic shocks and there is nothing to show.
The ESLA, Sinking Fund, Contingency Fund, Heritage Fund, are the only hope to this government when there are economic crises. He has managed the economy without vision and that is why we had to run to the IMF for support after we had celebrated our exit a few months ago with a kenkey party.
Selective Application of Rule of Law
You know, we have a President who has taunted himself to be the icon of rule of law in this country yet the law is applied to selected people in our country. A perfect example is the Ayawaso By-elections violence. After the committee of enquiry’s recommendation to punish culprits, a President issues a white paper to show he has no interest in justice, and we can entrust powers to a man of double standards?
Failed campaign promises
flagship policies like; 1 district 1 factory, 1 village 1 Dam, 1 constituency 1 million dollars have all become shoddy, irrelevant and failed promises. Even the Dams constructed under the NDC which do not have slogans are filled with water after four years of exiting office and with respect to 1D1F, existing private companies only received support from government with capital which does not affect the lives of Ghanaians in anyway because those industries did not contribute to reducing unemployment rate.
These and many numerous reasons are why Ghanaians would vote out the current government.
- Election 2020: John Mahama or Nana Akufo-Addo?
- NPP and NDC’s achievements that are confusing voters in decision making
- The Death Of Atta Mills: Who bails the cat?
- Why Akufo-Addo’s GHS600M stimulus package is a hoax aimed at scoring political points
- 5 top reasons why Akufo Addo will lift the ban on social gathering in his next coronavirus address
- 4 times Akufo-Addo and his government plagiarized to show lack of original ideas
- 6 top officials Akufo-Addo has fired from office who are likely to join the NDC
- Joyce Blessing’s Divorce saga and why Ghanaians think it’s a publicity stunt
- Is Sarkodie currently in Ghana?
- This is why Mahama is losing the 2020 elections
- Why John Mahama Would Win 2020 Elections
- Why one of these 3 would be John Mahama’s running mate
- Should everything be launched? The case of the launch of Ghana’s GHS600M stimulus package
- 7 times Nana Addo endorsed Mahama
- PHOTO: John Dumelo And Kwame A-Plus; The Two Smart Men In Ghana?
- 7 times Nana Addo endorsed Mahama
- 7 Promises by John Mahama that we can confidently trust
- 5 Promises John Mahama has made that we cannot trust
- Is John Mahama on a promising spree because he still believes Ghanaians have short memory?
- What Prof. Jane Naana Opoku has in common with past running mates that should scare the NPP
- Prof. Jane Naana Opoku? The Pros and cons put NDC in a tight corner
- Where are all the senior politicians in the NDC? The battle is no longer for babies
- John Mahama’s running mate announcement, and other important events coronavirus has affected
- Why John Mahama is bent on reversing the Public Universities Bill
- Analysis of the choice of Mahama’s running mate and its political consequences for the NDC
- Mahama’s Projects Nana Addo Has Abandoned, And How They Could Have Saved Ghanaians
- All what you need to know about the Universities Bill and why John Mahama has vowed to cancel it
- Can John Mahama win the elections with the same Green Book he lost with?
- Campaign of infrastructure: Whose legacy, Nana Addo or John Mahama?
- Why the NDC Should Not Present Mahama as Presidential Candidate Amidst Airbus Scandal