President Akufo-Addo has held the position of the President of the Republic of Ghana since 7th January 2020. During this period, the President has implemented many initiatives and has completed some projects. During this period, the President cut-sod for many projects all over the country; some of which are still uncompleted.
Meanwhile, with just less than five months to the election, the President, H.E Nana Akufo-Addo, has now begun cutting sod for the construction of projects they promised Ghanaians over four years ago.
During the previous government, the then President of Ghana, John Dramani Mahama, began several projects, but due to the change in government, they were not able to complete these projects. Notable among them are the Kumawu District Hospital, Adansi-Fomena District Hospital and a host of others.
On the hand, the Mahama-led NDC administration completed several projects, some of which have been left to rot in the bush due to the fact that, the ruling party will launch it and give credit to the previous government. The most popular among them is the Bank of Ghana Hospital in Accra.
This style of government has been going on since the 4th Republic of Ghana began with the exception of the late Prof. Evans Atta Mills who completed a project that was started by his predecessor, John Agyekum Kuffour, and at the official opening of the project invited him and gave him the credit he deserved. Apart from that, every government is concerned about its projects and tends to ignore the ones that were started by the previous government.
The NDC led by John Mahama began some projects which have been ignored by the current government. When they resume power after the forthcoming elections, there is no assurance that they will continue the projects the NPP government began. Therefore the sod cutting ceremonies the President Akufo-Addo is doing is just a waste of money which could be used for other important projects which could be completed within the next 4-5 months.
The question you might ask is, what if he wins the upcoming election? You are right. In the meantime, the President can suspend the establishment of new projects and instead focus his attention on the completion of already existing projects which can be completed within five months.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
If the government complete the already existing projects and at the end of the 2020 elections Ghanaians give them a second term, they can then begin to cut the sod for the establishment of new projects; then, they will have more time to complete.
The main reason being that, should in case a new government emerge and they focus their attention on the projects they were not able to complete and then decides to abandon the ones the Akufo-Addo administration began, it is going to be a waste of resources. Suppose the NDC government wins power in 2020, they will have to look for a new place to get loans before they can continue the projects they started and in the long run, it is going to affect the economy at large.
The NDC would be much focused on achieving their campaign promises other than spending to time to complete projects the NPP started which they cannot take credit for.
Therefore, the NPP should focus on projects that can be completed before January 7, 2021, and if they win the 2020 elections, they can decide to begin their new projects.
One other concern someone might ask is, what if they are able to complete the projects before December 2020? Akufo-Addo has held power for almost four years now. During this period, they were not able to build even ten hospitals across the country. What shows that, with less than 5 months to elections they can build over 80 hospitals?
In every country, the health of the people is one of the major priorities that every government focuses their attention on. The government of the NPP can complete the already existing and abandoned hospitals for the meantime, and new projects can be established after the 2020 elections.
Why should the President abandon nearly completed hospitals and then decide to build new hospitals from scratch? All these are some of the politics that Ghanaian leaders are doing which goes a long way to come and affect the citizens of Ghana.
If you were a leader, and your successor abandon the projects you started and then decide to build new projects, will you continue what he or she could not finish when you are given back the power?
- Ghanaian celebrities who have publicly shown displeasure for Akufo Addo’s governance
- 4 times Nana Addo proved to be a listening President
- Funny things that Akufo-Addo would be forever remembered for
- Would Akufo-Addo contest again in 2024 should he lose this year’s elections?
- Why I will vote against Akufo-Addo even if he gives me free water and electricity for life
- Akufo-Addo’s free water and electricity, are they for votes or genuine concern?
- Will the final year SHS students thank Akufo-Addo for FSHS or punish him for COVID-19 exposure?
- How NPP has strategically secured over 2 million votes ahead of 2020 elections
- In-depth analysis that shows that Akufo-Addo has won the 2020 elections
- Akufo-Addo’s cabinet members go missing; sparks rumours of widespread of COVID-19 in the Jubilee House
- Akufo-Addo goes ‘missing’ in isolation; sparks rumours of coronavirus treatment
- Auditor General Vs The Presidency: Why both should be shown the exit
- Why Nana Addo should be blamed for Carlos Ahenkorah’s recklessness
- COVID-19 Fight: Nana Addo And His Appointees Have Failed Ghanaians
- How corruption has dented Akufo-Addo’s high-earned reputation as a listening President
- Mahama’s Projects Nana Addo Has Abandoned, And How They Could Have Saved Ghanaians
- Who is telling lies; The President, Health Minister or Afia Pokua?
- Campaign of infrastructure: Whose legacy, Nana Addo or John Mahama?
- Should everything be launched? The case of the launch of Ghana’s GHS600M stimulus package
- Ghanaians celebrities and the teams they support
- Ghanaian politicians who have been to prison
- Seven NPP scandals that make John Mahama an angel with Airbus scandal
- Should Castro return today, these 4 things would be his biggest surprises
- How far with A-Plus and his TPP?
- 5 groups of people who should vote for NPP at all cost
- 4 groups of people who should vote for NDC at all cost
- 5 Promises John Mahama has made that we cannot trust
- 7 Promises by John Mahama that we can confidently trust
- A Ritual? These Are NPP Bigwigs Who Died In An Election Year
- All the times Nana Akufo-Addo proved that NPP is above the law