Since the inception of the 4th Republic, the Ashanti region has remained the ‘world bank’ for the New Patriotic Party (NPP), the majority of the votes go in their favour. The NPP has 43 parliamentary seats compared to 4 of the NDC. The region also has the highest number of polling stations and had the highest recorded votes in the 2016 polls.
Unfortunately, upon all the number of votes the NPP sweep in the region, they are always left behind in developmental projects and below are some of the reasons why Ashanti region must show NPP the exit in the upcoming elections.
The NPP campaign team promised the Ashanti region that they would improve their road network if they were voted into power in 2016. In August 2018, the President cut the sod for the commencement of the Kumasi roads facelift project which included the asphaltic overlay of 135 kilometres of roads within the metropolis.
However, for some time, all the projects were abandoned by the contractors. Over a year later, the President visited the region and again went and delivered another promise that the project will resume and that all the issues have been resolved. Meanwhile, the President has constructed asphalt roads all over his hometown in Easter region, meaning the NPP has been using the Ashanti region as their ‘world bank’ of votes whiles they use other places as their developmental sites.
The NPP came into power in 2017 and less than 6 months to elections, they’ve not made positive contributions to the road problems in the Ashanti region. In the end, they will come again and plead for votes from the people of Ashanti region.
ABANDONING OF UNCOMPLETED HOSPITALS
The NDC government began several projects in the Ashanti region, most of which were hospitals. Because the NPP will continue with the projects for the NDC to take credit, the NPP government has abandoned the hospitals that were started by the NDC government. The NPP has done themselves as “Konongo kaya”, meaning they will neither do the project nor allow someone to do.
Some of the abandoned hospitals include the 120-bed Kumawu District Hospital, Adansi-Fomena District Hospital, and the 60-bed Konongo Euroget District Hospital. All these are projects that were started by the NDC government, but due to change of government, they have all been abandoned. This has made it difficult for people in these affected areas to access healthcare and has also left many graduates unemployed.
This has caused migration from Kumasi to Accra to seek greener pastures. This shows how the NPP government is not concerned about the health of the Ashanti region residents.
LACK OF EDUCATIONAL FACILITIES
The people of Ashanti region has also been left out in the field of education. The NPP promised to build over 350 schools when they come into power in just 18 months. Until this day, not even 20% of the project has been completed. The Ashanti region is one of the regions that lack educational facilities in Ghana.
Meanwhile, both the educational minister Dr. Matthew Opoku Prempeh and one of his deputies Dr. Yaw Osei Adutwum are all members of parliament in the Ashanti region. This shows how the NPP is not concerned about the education of the Ashanti region residents. The NPP has failed the people of the Ashanti region as compared to the previous NDC government.
The NDC built at least 3 SHS E-blocks which are now serving residents in the region, even though the region was not their stronghold.
APPOINTING FAMILY AND FRIENDS
The NPP’s leader, Nana Akufo-Addo promised not to do family and friends governance but once he came into power, almost all his appointees in high positions are either his friends or relatives. Few of them are; Gyankroma Akufo-Addo as the Board member of the Creative Arts Council, Ken Ofori Atta as the minister of finance and a host of others. This had lead to unemployment in the country because people who could have done the job better have all been excluded from taking up certain jobs and only his family and friends are in power.
The few once who are lucky are mostly selected from regions either than the Ashanti region where they get the majority of their votes. The people of Ashanti need a government who will provide jobs for people who are more qualified than providing for his/her family members.
These are some of the reasons why the people of Ashanti region should show NPP the exit in the upcoming elections for them to work hard when they come in power. This will not only motivate the NPP to work when they gain power but also give the people of Ashanti the better life they deserve.
- Is Hawa Koomson’s act a confirmation that the NPP is the most violent political party in Ghana?
- 5 groups of people who should vote for NPP at all cost
- Money or Intelligence, Which one has more power in the NPP?
- 7 examples that prove that NPP’s leadership is a family affair
- A Ritual? These Are NPP Bigwigs Who Died In An Election Year
- How NPP has strategically secured over 2 million votes ahead of 2020 elections
- NPP repeating NDC’s mistakes as they spend all time on Prof. Jane Naana and ignore John Mahama to walk free
- NPP vs NDC: Who has performed better in the Agricultural sector?
- Would NPP allow Bawumia to proceed as a presidential candidate like how Mahama was allowed by NDC?
- The regrets Ghanaians would have should the NPP be voted out of power
- How The NDC Is Turning Into A Populist Party For Votes
- Would Akufo-Addo contest again in 2024 should he lose this year’s elections?
- 7 Promises by John Mahama that we can confidently trust
- 5 Promises John Mahama has made that we cannot trust
- Is John Mahama on a promising spree because he still believes Ghanaians have short memory?
- For how long will Volta Region keep voting without any significant development?
- How far with A-Plus and his TPP?
- Why I will vote against Akufo-Addo even if he gives me free water and electricity for life
- Will the Ashanti Region keep on voting for mere promises?
- Akufo-Addo’s free water and electricity, are they for votes or genuine concern?
- Why is the President cutting sods for new projects? What if the NDC wins the 2020 elections?
- 3 Reasons Why Ashanti Region Should Vote For The NDC At All Cost
- Ghanaian celebrities who have publicly shown displeasure for Akufo Addo’s governance
- 4 groups of people who should vote for NDC at all cost
- Ghanaian politicians who have been to prison
- CORONAVIRUS FIGHT: Will Ghanaians reward the NPP or show them the exit in the 2020 elections?
- Will the final year SHS students thank Akufo-Addo for FSHS or punish him for COVID-19 exposure?
- Where is Martin Amidu?
- In-depth analysis that shows that Dr. Bawumia and Prof. Naana Jane are on the same level academically and politically
- All the times Nana Akufo-Addo proved that NPP is above the law