The Member of Parliament for Nsawam-Adoagyiri, Frank Annoh-Dompreh, has said there is nothing wrong with President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, dozing off at the Russia-Africa summit which was held in Sochi, Russia.
According to him, the President who is over 70-years-old is as human as everybody and can doze off at any point in time during such events.
“Even young people in their 40s sometimes doze off at some events. They shouldn’t create a situation that the president is like a machine being plugged… The President bottom line is human!” he said.
He added that the video circulating on social media doesn’t show the president sleeping during the Russia-Africa summit.
Mr Annoh-Dompreh’s reaction comes at the time of some criticisms leveled against the president by some members of the opposition NDC that he (President) travelled to Russia without bringing back anything but rather he went there to sleep.
Annoy-Dompreh indicated that the opposition members should not be quick to ask for the amount of money the president brought back into the country from such a summit but rather should be able to talk about the good governance of the NPP administration.
“It is never true that the president, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo did travel to Russia to sleep but rather he made a profound statement to the world leaders that Ghana as a country does not need foreign aid but rather trade relations…” Mr Annoh-Dompreh said on Kumasi based Hello FM.
A video emerged from the just ended Russia-Africa summit where the president, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, was caught off guard in a sleeping posture during the summit.
In the video, President Akufo-Addo can be seen comfortably sitting amongst other dignitaries with his eyes closed and seemingly enjoying his nap.
Russia hosted its first ever summit with Africa. Representatives from all 55 African states, including 43 heads of state and heads of government, attended the summit, which aimed to revive Russia’s economic, political, and military influence in Africa.
- Should everything be launched? The case of the launch of Ghana’s GHS600M stimulus package
- Akufo-Addo and his government want to remove ‘fearless’ Domelevo – Asiedu Nketia
- Akufo-Addo to cut sod on Sunday for the construction of Kumasi Film Village
- Akufo-Addo to use 2nd AFAG petition to order Domelevo to ‘step aside’ – NDC blows alarm
- Akufo-Addo gov’t, catholic bishops & CSOs in corruption war
- I won’t abandon Akufo-Addo’s projects like he’s done mine – Mahama
- Akufo-Addo personally supports NPP boys insults on his critics – A Plus alleges
- Afenyo Markin reveals how Akufo-Addo personally views Auditor General
- Government will be humiliated at referendum – Chamber of local governance
- Advise Akufo-Addo to withdraw referendum – Dan Botwe urged
- Ghanaians yet to see no-nonsense leadership from Akufo-Addo – Serwaa Amihere
- Pathological liars, shame on you – Minority to Akufo-Addo, Ofori-Atta
- ‘Akufo-Addo’s ambulances’ to be distributed in 2020
- Ghana being ruled by ‘fools’ – Odike fumes
- Nepotism: I have more qualified relatives – Mahama fires Akufo-Addo
- Address issue of high interest rates – Akufo-Addo to BoG
- President cuts sod for railway projects in Volta Region
- Nana Asante Bediatuo’s mother, father, sister, brother in President’s family & friends
- Akufo-Addo the ‘most nepotistic leader in the world’ – NDC
- Mahama winning a second term will be punishment from God – Akufo-Addo
- Mahama has no record, policies to defend, only bankruptcy – Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo travels with about 50 vehicles to the Volta Region
- Akufo-Addo begins two day tour of Volta Region today
- World Bank rejects government’s private audit report
- Mahama handed me an economy in dire straits – Akufo-Addo
- Security of Akufo-Addo, Ministers at risk – Islamic Cleric Shamuna warns
- More room for talks – Akufo-Addo on Nigeria border closure
- Sleeping at events not part of your promises – Akufo-Addo told
- Mahama commends Akufo-Addo for completing Adaklu SHS
- NPP man cries uncontrollably over betrayal by Nana Addo, others