John Abdulai Jinapor, former Deputy Minister of Power under the erstwhile John Mahama administration, has accused the Akufo-Addo administration of trying to “swindle” Ghanaians by hiding recent happenings with regards to the Power Distribution Service (PDS) deal from Ghanaians, stressing that for well over a month, the government has failed to make available an investigative report on the deal.
“At the end of August, the Minister of Information told us that they are done with the investigation, we are writing the report. From August ending throughout the whole of September… to the 11th of October, even if the United Nations conducts an investigation about the whole world and they want to write a report, will they require more than a month to write a report? This government is attempting to swindle us? He alleged in an address to members of the Tertiary Education Institutions Network ( TEIN) of National Democratic (NDC), Accra Technical University branch.
He then added that the opposition NDC was hell-bent on holding the government accountable and exposing whatever steps it was taking to deny Ghanaians information on the matter and protect government officials involved in the scandal.
” And let me assure the Akufo-Addo administration that so far as some of us are alive, so far as some of us are breathing, he will not succeed in clearing the PDS scandal that has brought immense shame to this country. We will not sit and allow them to clear this one,” he vowed.
Mr Jinapor then singled out the Minister of Energy, John Peter Amewu, for renegotiating the deal so as to whitewash it and put it back on track at the blindside of Ghanaians.
“The Minister of Energy, Mr Peter Amewu led a delegation to the Philippines, to Manila in the Philippines. And I am making that statement here. As I speak to you, the Minister of Energy is in the Philippines ostensibly to negotiate with Miralco so that they can clean the deal, come and sack the local partners and bring Miralco again and continue with the stinking PDS deal,” he alleged.
The Member of Parliament for Yapei-Kusawgu concluded that the vigilance and commitment of the NDC will ensure that the government doesn’t succeed in hiding anything from the Ghanaian people.
“They cannot succeed with the PDS deal because we remain vigilant, we remain committed, and we will not renege on our promise to guard against what they are doing,” he pledged.
Government suspended the concessionaire agreement of PDS, citing forged documents which were intended to deceive the government that it had the capacity to under the management and distribution of electricity in Ghana.
Subsequently, it commissioned a committee to investigate the private company but, is yet to make its report public.
- Should everything be launched? The case of the launch of Ghana’s GHS600M stimulus package
- Akufo-Addo and his government want to remove ‘fearless’ Domelevo – Asiedu Nketia
- Akufo-Addo to cut sod on Sunday for the construction of Kumasi Film Village
- Akufo-Addo to use 2nd AFAG petition to order Domelevo to ‘step aside’ – NDC blows alarm
- Akufo-Addo gov’t, catholic bishops & CSOs in corruption war
- I won’t abandon Akufo-Addo’s projects like he’s done mine – Mahama
- Akufo-Addo personally supports NPP boys insults on his critics – A Plus alleges
- Afenyo Markin reveals how Akufo-Addo personally views Auditor General
- Government will be humiliated at referendum – Chamber of local governance
- Advise Akufo-Addo to withdraw referendum – Dan Botwe urged
- Ghanaians yet to see no-nonsense leadership from Akufo-Addo – Serwaa Amihere
- Pathological liars, shame on you – Minority to Akufo-Addo, Ofori-Atta
- ‘Akufo-Addo’s ambulances’ to be distributed in 2020
- Ghana being ruled by ‘fools’ – Odike fumes
- Nepotism: I have more qualified relatives – Mahama fires Akufo-Addo
- Address issue of high interest rates – Akufo-Addo to BoG
- President cuts sod for railway projects in Volta Region
- Nana Asante Bediatuo’s mother, father, sister, brother in President’s family & friends
- Akufo-Addo the ‘most nepotistic leader in the world’ – NDC
- Mahama winning a second term will be punishment from God – Akufo-Addo
- Mahama has no record, policies to defend, only bankruptcy – Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo travels with about 50 vehicles to the Volta Region
- Akufo-Addo begins two day tour of Volta Region today
- World Bank rejects government’s private audit report
- Mahama handed me an economy in dire straits – Akufo-Addo
- Security of Akufo-Addo, Ministers at risk – Islamic Cleric Shamuna warns
- More room for talks – Akufo-Addo on Nigeria border closure
- What’s wrong with Akufo-Addo sleeping at Russia-Africa summit – Annoh-Dompreh quizzes
- Sleeping at events not part of your promises – Akufo-Addo told
- Mahama commends Akufo-Addo for completing Adaklu SHS