The Ghana Police says it is looking for cartographers to use information so far gathered by investigators to sketch the alleged killers of undercover journalist Ahmed Hussein-Suale.
According to the Police, they have received descriptions of the persons who on January 16, shot and killed the Ahmed near his family home at Madina in Accra, and would require experts to give the artistic impression to the faces described by witnesses.
“A lot of people have described them [the killers] and we are also trying to get cartographers who can give us an artistic impression about who they are, to help in identifying them. So far that is where we are,” ACP David Senanu Eklu told journalists Thursday.
Ahmed Hussein-Suale who was a key member of Anas’ private investigations team, Tiger Eye PI, was shot dead at Madina. He was shot three times; twice in the chest and once in the neck.
He was said to have played a key role in the Number 12 investigative documentary by Anas Aremeyaw Anas which exposed deep-seated corruption in Ghana’s football leading to the removal of Mr. Kwesi Nyantakyi as Ghana Football Association (GFA) president
Mr Kwesi Nyantakyi and Member of Parliament for Assin Central Ken Ohene Agyapong, as well as Anas Aremeyaw Anas have all been interviewed and statements taken from them as “persons of interest”.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
When investigations into the case began three weeks ago, the Police announced a 15,000-cedi bounty has been placed on the heads of the perpetrators.
Giving updates on how far investigations have gone in the case, ACP Eklu who is the Director-General in-charge of Public Affairs at the Ghana Police Service, assured they will leave no stone unturned in bringing the killers to book.
“We are working day and night, gathering and analysing bits and pieces of information to help us get to the perpetrators,” he said.
He revealed six persons arrested by the Police in connection with the case have been given bail but declined to give further details on when and where the suspects were arrested and the nature of the bail as well as the conditions.
“As I speak now, six suspects have been arrested, questioned and are currently on bail,” he stated.
ACP Eklu commended the public for providing the police with information, noting a lot have been gathered but they will have to sift through to identify credible information that would give them a good cast to stand court examination
“…A lot of people have given information but that information would have to be checked, crosschecked, checked carefully so that we don’t give you the false hope.
“Sometimes, you arrest the person and everybody is jubilating. It gets to court and the evidence does not meet the standard that is required in law,” he indicated.
- Ahmed’s Murder: Ignore Kennedy Agyapong’s Ghc100,000 Bounty – Family Tells Ghanaians
- Ahmed’s Murder: Anas Presents ‘Concrete’ Evidence To Police
- SHOCKING: Unedited Version Of Anas’ Expose’ Reveals He Forces Money On People As Gifts And Secretly Films Them – VIDEO
- Police Arrest 6 Persons In Connection With Ahmed’s Murder
- VIDEO: Kennedy Agyapong Exposes Anas With “Who Watches The Watchman” Part 2
- I Don’t Trust Current IGP Because Anas Vetted And Appointed Him – Kennedy Agyapong Alleges
- Kennedy Agyapong Promises To Gift GHS100,000 To Anyone Having Information About Ahmed’s Killers
- Ahmed’s DEATH: Fingerprint Experts Engaged By Police Over Ahmed’s Murder
- 6 stunning facts about Anas’ murdered partner, Ahmed Suale you never knew
- PHOTOS: Anas’ murdered key partner, Ahmed Suale laid to rest
- How ‘Anas’ cover was allegedly blown in TseAdo land-guards operation
- Kennedy Agyapong vindicated about Anas?
- PHOTO: Police arrests key suspect in the murder of Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- Anas’ Location When Ahmed Suale Was Killed Revealed
- Anas’ Tiger Eye PI Is A Criminal And Terrorist Organisation – Kwesi Nyantakyi Speaks
- Kennedy Agyapong Rains Insults On Family Of Late Ahmed For Siding With Anas
- Ask Me Intelligent Questions And Stop The Rubbish – Kennedy Agyapong ‘Fires’ BBC Reporter
- Police ‘Picks Up’ Anas Over Ahmed’s Death
- This Is Why Anas Employed The Late Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- Ahmed’s Death: I Have No Trust In Ghana Police; I’m Doing My Own Investigations – Kennedy Agyapong
- I’ll Honour Ahmed With A ‘Huge Story’ That’ll Shake Nations – Anas
- VIDEO: Anas Speaks On Allegations That He Killed Ahmed
- Ahmed’s death: Ex Tiger Eye PI staff ‘fingers’ Anas’ wife in Ahmed’s gruesome murder
- We did our best to protect Ahmed – Family reveals
- Killers of Anas’ key partner, Ahmed identified – MP reveals
- Kwesi Nyantakyi ‘hot’ over Anas’ key partner, Ahmed’s death
- Kennedy Agyapong likely to be banned from the US over Ahmed’s gruesome murder
- AHMED’S MURDER: Eyewitness account on how the unknown gunmen killed Ahmed
- AHMED’S MURDER: Ghanaians call for Anas’ head over the death of his key partner, Ahmed Suale
- Murdered Ahmed left behind 2 wives and 8 children