With the Ghanaian movie industry taking a nosedive, a number of Ghanaian actors and actresses have found ways to reinvent themselves, stay relevant and top of it, make some good money.
Notable among them are Nana Ama McBrown, Kojo Nkansah Lilwin, Akrobeto, Emelia Brobbey, Kwaku Manu and a number of others who have either taken to hosting television talk shows, creating lifestyle content for TV/YouTube or recording and performing music.
This, however, does not sit well with a number of people who believe the actors and actresses are running some people out of their jobs and should rather focus on keeping the movie industry alive.
Ghanaian actress Emelia Brobbey however disagrees and shares a different opinion.
Speaking in an exclusive interview NY DJ on RYSENSHYNE, actress Emelia Brobbey although admits the current state of the movie industry has had a role to play in this new trend, her colleagues were not kicking musicians and TV presenters out of their jobs.
Emelia Brobbey who recently released a new single Fa Me Ko explained saying, “We are still doing what we used to do. We are still teaching, we are still empowering, and encouraging people because throughout shows and music since it’s the same platform. We are still in the same creative space. It’s just one big creative space and I don’t see anything different”, she said.
Well noted for her movies, Emelia Brobbey currently hosts a number of TV shows and has ventured into music as well.
Watch the full interview below.
- Ladies will go after my man if I disclose his identity – Emelia Brobbey
- Female Ghanaian celebrities who make haircut looks so cute
- Actress Vicky Zugah denies marriage rumours
- My 9-month-old daughter has two endorsement deals – McBrown
- I broke up with David Dontoh because I couldn’t give birth for him – Maame Dokono
- Vicky Zugah set to tie the knot On December 28
- It’s better to exchange sex for movie roles – Prince David Osei
- Why Nadia Buari wept at Dumelo’s wedding
- Edey bee k3k3’ actor laments ‘blacklist’ after support for Mahama in 2016
- Efia Odo slams critics after her 4Syte MVAs red carpet look went viral
- Rev Owusu Bempah donates Gh5000 to Psalm Adjetefio
- It’s not okay for a man to go down on his knees to propose to a lady – Pete Edochie
- Did Vivian Jill Secretly Get Married In this New Photo?
- Psalm Adjetefio appeals for funds to undergo heart surgery
- Fans putting too much pressure on us – Belinda Dzattah
- Prioritise protection of Atewa Forest – American actor
- We made black comedy what it is today – Steve Harvey
- I might move into politics – Rahim Banda
- Begging Nana Ama Mcbrown doesn’t mean I lied about what she did – Rosemond Brown
- A Plus is right; NPP is a violent and an intolerant party – Lydia Forson
- Some Hollywood movies ‘rubbish’ – Yvonne Okoro
- I won’t put my nudes on social media – Martha Ankomah
- I’m not a Christan and I don’t use the Bible – Efia Odo
- Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ disqualified from Oscar race
- Mmebusem will go blind and die for ridiculing Jesus – Prophet
- NDC and NPP same, I’m sad to be a Ghanaian – Yvonne Nelson
- Yvonne Nelson premieres ‘Fix Us’ on December 6
- I’m not financially ready to marry – Actor
- Ghanaians too quick to judge – Victoria Lebene
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media