At the 31st December 2017 watch night, the founder and leader of the Glorious Word and Power Ministry International, Prophet Isaac Owusu Bempah came out with a list of things that he said will occur in Ghana in the New Year.
The prophesies some of which were very controversial were subject to several interpretations and analysis by Ghanaians.
With barely two days to the end of the year, GhanaNewsPage.Com takes a look at seven of these prophecies from the Man of God and whether they came to pass or not.
1. Ghana will bury a first lady
He prophesied that one of Ghana’s first ladies will be buried in 2018 if Ghanaians don’t pray and intercede for them.
He said “There are some people we call first ladies and these people are the wives of the first gentlemen that is the President of the Nation. If we don’t pray, this year, Ghana will bury a first lady.”
Ghana has four former first ladies, Nana Konadu Agyeman Rawlings, Theresa Kufuor, Naadu Mills and Lordina Mahama and a current one, Rebecca Akufo-Addo.
Nana Konadu Agyeman Rawlings is very active in public life and launched her first book, ‘It takes a woman’ this year.
Not much has been seen of Theresa Kufuor, the wife of ex-President Kufuor. Many will attest to the fact that she naturally not as active politically as Nana Konadu Rawlings.
Naadu Mills who is the wife of the late President, John Evans Atta Mills is not known to be someone who is always in the news. She normally appears in the news during the anniversary of the death of Prof Mills. And in 2018, she was seen at the event commemorating the passing of the Husband.
Lordina Mahama who is the wife of former President, John Mahama has not been that active in public life. News about her Lordina Foundation is also scanty. Her husband claimed in April that she was the one taking care of him.
Rebecca Akufo-Addo is the current first lady. Auntie Becky’s foundation has been donating several health items to hospitals.
All the four former first ladies are still living. NO first Lady was BURIED in 2018. Ghanaians instead buried a former Vice President, Paa Kwesi Bekow Amissah-Arthur.
2. A sudden death might occur at the Presidency
Rev Owusu Bempah prophesied that sudden death may occur at the presidency. He had in 2017 prophesied that a coup will happen will come to pass but that is yet to come to pass.
In January 2018, former President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia was rushed to the United Kingdom (UK) for medical attention. The Chief of Staff, Frema Osei-Opare said the Vice-President went on medical leave as advised by his doctors. The Vice-President was joined by his wife for the UK trip.
He returned to Ghana after twelve days to a rousing welcome at the Kotoka International Airport.
There was no DEATH at the Presidency in 2018. Perhaps, the prayers of the righteous averted the calamity.
3. There will be rampant deaths of personnel in the Ghana Police service:
There were several reports of Police officers being gun down while on duty. A Police Officer was gun down when robbers stormed the Kwabenya Police Station to rescue an inmate.
The Police officials announced at this week’s Police Week that 13 officers lost their lives while on duty.
Five of these officers have their names engraved on the Wall of Honour, while the other 8 have their names inscribed on the Roll of Honour at the Police training school.
Several Police Officer lost their lives in the line of duty in 2018.
4. Another media personality at a Radio station may die
Asempa FM presenter died at the last quarter of the year 2017. This notwithstanding, Reverend Owusu-Bempah predicted the death of another big media person.
Delivering a sermon during the 31st watch-night service, the prophet predicted that Ghana is set to lose another big media personality in 2018. The prophecy from the pastor was met with derision from a number of Ghanaians, who believed Owusu Bempah was just looking for a way to get attention.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
However, just a week into the New Year (2018), the prophet seemed to have been fulfilled when Editor of the Al Hajj Newspaper, Alhaji Iddrisu Bature passed on Friday, January 5, 2018.
In November, the Head of News of Accra-based Atinka TV and FM, Francis Sasu also passed on.
A source at the station which is a member of the Tobinco Group disclosed to GhanaNewsPage.Com that FS had been complaining of Malaria.
A journalist with UTV a subsidiary of the Despite Group of Companies, Mavis Animah Yeboah also died.
According to Isaac Justice Bediako who is a close friend of the deceased, she died on Thursday, December 27, 2018 morning at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital in Kumasi where she was on admission receiving treatment.
Kencity Media which is owned by a politician, Ken Agyapong also lost one of its leading Journalist, Opanin Kwadwo Fordjour.
Family sources said he died of hypertension at Legon Hospital where he was on admission.
Opanin Kwadwo Fordjour was a Senior Court Reporter at Oman FM.
In November, Selassie Aku Lodonu, a staff of Otec FM, a private radio station in Kumasi, Ashanti region also died.
The 29-year-old female staff was reported to have died on Tuesday, November 13, 2018, at a private hospital in Accra after a short illness.
VERDICT: It is an undeniable fact that some journalists lost their lives in Ghana. However, none of them was as big as KABA.
5. A very influential man of God might die.
The prophet also prophesied that a very influential man of God will die in 2018 and that will shock the nation.
There might have been reports of men of God dying.
NO popular man of God died in Ghana
6. A popular musician will also die.
In 2017, two legendary musicians, Paapa Yankson and Awurama Badu died. While Paapa Yankson was been in 2017, Awurama was buried this year. Analysis: In 2018, several musicians and actors lost their lives.
Born Priscilla Opoku Kwarteng and affably known as Nana Hemaa by close relatives, Ebony was born on February 16, 1997, to Nana Pohu Kwarteng and Beatrice Oppong Martin.
She was a dancehall and hiplife artiste discovered by musician and entrepreneur, Bullet from Ruff n Smooth and was signed to his Ruff Town record label and Midas Touch Inc.
Ebony, her assistant and longtime friend Franklina Yaa Nkansah Kuri and soldier Atsu Vondee were killed in a fatal accident. She died eight days before her 21st birthday.
The veteran musician passed away on Friday, April 27. He was known to have been battling stroke and other sicknesses for about a decade. The sensational musician was a known supporter of the National Democratic Congress (NDC).
Veteran highlife musician, Charles Kofi Amankwa Mann, best known on stage as C. K. Mann, passed away 7 am on Tuesday, March 20 at the Ghapoha Hospital in the Western Region. He was 83 years
7. Another big funeral of a well-known figure in the Ashanti Region.
The late Asantehemaa, Nana Afia Kobi Serwaa Ampem II died in 2016 but was buried in 2017. A grand funeral was held in her honour by Asanteman. Rev Owusu-Bempah prophesied that there was going to be another big funeral in the Ashanti Region.
No big funeral was held in the Ashanti Region.
Kofi Annan who is said to have schooled in the region and hails from a town in the region died but his funeral was held in Accra and he was buried at the New Military Cemetery at Burma Camp.
- VIDEO: Top Ghone TV female presenter will die in 2019 – Prophet Nigel Gaisie predicts
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Died At The Peak Of Their Careers
- Did you know that these 9 African Presidents died in office?
- 5 Ghanaian Celebrity Marriages Worthy Of Emulation
- Remembering Ebony Reigns: 6 Things You Never Knew About The Late Dancehall Diva, Ebony Reigns
- VIDEO: Ebony’s Most-Talked-About Performance Hits 2 Million Views On YouTube A Year After Her Death
- TOUCHING VIDEO: Ebony’s Boyfriend Releases Song They Were Supposed To Release On Her Birthday
- Why Haven’t The Ghana Police Arrested Kennedy Agyapong?
- In-depth analysis that shows that Dr. Bawumia and Prof. Naana Jane are on the same level academically and politically
- NPP and Bawumia’s Claims On Book and Research Allowance False
- Would NPP allow Bawumia to proceed as a presidential candidate like how Mahama was allowed by NDC?
- Lordina is a former Vice President of Ghana – Deputy Minister mocks Mahama, NDC
- Bawumia’s home burgled
- Don’t compare your ‘chalewote’ to NPP’s ‘boot’ – Bawumia mocks NDC
- Veep participates in 2019 Financial Times Africa Summit in London
- Ghanaians vote late Amissah-Arthur as a better vice president than Bawumia
- Ebony comes alive in Jason EL-A’s ‘Confess
- Ebony was a legend – Kim Muareen confesses
- Government working to bring down cost of data – Bawumia
- NDC, Mahama have failed to protect Mills’ legacy – Anyidoho
- $1 million per constituency project will develop deprived communities – Bawumia
- 275 Ambulances coming in August – Bawumia
- Bawumia is an isolated Vice-President – Isaac Adongo
- I’ll descend into the gutters with Kweku Baako; he is a fool – Owusu Bempah
- Stupid man like you, ugly fool – Owusu Bempah blasts Kweku Baako
- Starboy Kwarteng Reveals He’s Signing A New Artiste To His ‘Bony To The World’ Record Label
- I rejected staying in UK to do God’s work in Ghana – Owusu Bempah brags
- Bawumia blasts Mahama over Free SHS
- Ghanaians react as Bawumia explains the reason behind the cedi’s depreciation
- Ghana will collaborate with IMO to safeguard maritime business – Bawumia