Hollywood star Boris Kodjoe has disclosed that he will be storming Ghana this December with some of the world’s biggest celebrities.
The actor, who is of Ghanaian descent, said in a video that he is bringing 40 of the world’s renowned celebrities to Accra to experience the country’s rich culture and history.
Boris Kodjoe, whose father is a Ghanaian, was in May this year and was appointed Ambassador of Film for Ghana by Catherine Afeku, Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture.
“…being that my father was from Ghana and we visited my grandmother, my cousins and my uncles. Every holiday we had makes me really connected to our country,” he said the video.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“That’s why I’m so excited to bring 40 of my famous friends, some of the world’s top celebrities to Accra in December so they can meet the people, feel the culture, connect with the energetic heritage, they can relax on the beaches, tour the castles and then share their experience the with millions and millions of follows around the world,” the actor added.
Kodjoe urged interested people and bodies “who understand the importance of showing the world what an amazing tourist and business destination Ghana is” to come on board to make this a reality.
Known in real life as Boris Frederic Cecil Tay-Natey Ofuatey-Kodjoe, Mr Kodjoe is an Austrian-born actor of German and Ghanaian descent.
He is popular for his roles as Kelby in the 2002 film “Brown Sugar,” the sports-courier agent Damon Carter on the Showtime drama series “Soul Food” and was a recurring character on FOX’s “The Last Man on Earth.”
He currently co-stars on BET’s “Real Husbands of Hollywood” and on the CBS medical drama “Code Black.”
Kodjoe was born in Vienna, Austria, the son of Ursula, a German psychologist of partially Jewish descent, and Eric Kodjoe, a Ghanaian physician who is a Krobo.
He was the host the 2018 edition of the CAF Awards which came off at the Accra International Conference Centre on Thursday, January 4.
- Catherine Afeku, Patapaa’s dance battle at Kundum Festival Mega Jam
- I Don’t Miss The Creative Arts Ministry – Hon Catherine Afeku
- Ghanaians requested yet mourning Catherine Afeku’s removal as Tourism Minister
- Don`t Dance Over Afeku`s Exit Yet, Remember The Devil you know…
- Notable people who called for Catherine Afeku’s removal as Tourism Minister
- Hon. Barbara Oteng Gyasi Assigned As Minister For Tourism, Culture And Creative Arts By President Akufo-Addo
- Catherine Afeku Removed as Minister For Tourism & Creative Arts
- Hollywood Stars Visit To Ghana Was Useless: Catherine Afeku Replies Actor Prince David Osei
- PHOTOS: Actor Bill Asamoah Gets Appointment As Tourism Ambassador For Ghana
- Tourism Minister, Catherine Afeku Gets Top International Appointment
- AFRIMA 2018: Check Out What Happened On The Red Carpet Session
- I Have Swag ─ Tourism Minister, Catherine Afeku Replies Critics Of Her ‘Revealing’ Dress