Veteran actor, Kofi Laing, has made a passionate appeal to Ghanaians to show him love while he is still alive and not wait till his death.
According to Kohwe, as he is popularly known in the Ghanaian Entertainment industry, the plight of old actors who, through their talents, brought laughter and smiles on the faces of Ghanaians some time ago is nothing to write home about.
“In our days, the movie industry was not rewarding in monetary terms while the movie producers and directors also had their favorite actors so we couldn’t acquire any wealth despite our hard work,” he said.
Speaking in an interview on Adom FM’s Work and Happiness, Kohwe said some of his colleagues died as paupers in sorrow because there was no support for them.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“It is unfortunate that people will wait for you to die before they show love but I am pleading with them to do it for me now while I am still alive,” he said.
He added: “I will appreciate your kind gesture no matter how small it may be in your eyes. You can send your support through my mobile money number, 0244437963.”
Kohwe is known for the active roles he played in Ghana’s ‘Akan Drama’ series and the popular ‘District Colonial Court.’
- Tourism Minister responds to Kohwe’s cry for support
- I would have died if not for comedy – Kohwe
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- Actress Vicky Zugah denies marriage rumours
- My 9-month-old daughter has two endorsement deals – McBrown
- I broke up with David Dontoh because I couldn’t give birth for him – Maame Dokono
- Ladies will go after my man if I disclose his identity – Emelia Brobbey
- Vicky Zugah set to tie the knot On December 28
- It’s better to exchange sex for movie roles – Prince David Osei
- Why Nadia Buari wept at Dumelo’s wedding
- Edey bee k3k3’ actor laments ‘blacklist’ after support for Mahama in 2016
- Efia Odo slams critics after her 4Syte MVAs red carpet look went viral
- Rev Owusu Bempah donates Gh5000 to Psalm Adjetefio
- We are not taking over the jobs of TV Presenters and musicians – Emelia Brobbey
- It’s not okay for a man to go down on his knees to propose to a lady – Pete Edochie
- Did Vivian Jill Secretly Get Married In this New Photo?
- Psalm Adjetefio appeals for funds to undergo heart surgery
- Fans putting too much pressure on us – Belinda Dzattah
- Prioritise protection of Atewa Forest – American actor
- We made black comedy what it is today – Steve Harvey
- I might move into politics – Rahim Banda
- Begging Nana Ama Mcbrown doesn’t mean I lied about what she did – Rosemond Brown
- A Plus is right; NPP is a violent and an intolerant party – Lydia Forson
- Some Hollywood movies ‘rubbish’ – Yvonne Okoro
- I won’t put my nudes on social media – Martha Ankomah
- I’m not a Christan and I don’t use the Bible – Efia Odo
- Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ disqualified from Oscar race
- Mmebusem will go blind and die for ridiculing Jesus – Prophet
- NDC and NPP same, I’m sad to be a Ghanaian – Yvonne Nelson
- Yvonne Nelson premieres ‘Fix Us’ on December 6