The Kentucky Consular Center has opened the 2020 United States Diversity Visa Lottery for entries.
Entries for the DV lottery can be submitted from October 3 to November 6.
The U.S Embassy in Accra has warned the public against scams and mentioned dvlottery.state.gov as the only website accepting entries.
DV Lottery 2019 results
Applicants who submitted entries from October 18 – November 22, 2017 can check whether they have been selected by visiting Entrant Status Check at dvlottery.state.gov. DV-2019 Entrants are to keep their confirmation number until September 30, 2019.
The U.S embassy gave heads up that the Kentucky Consular Center never use email to notify entrants that they are selected for the DV program. “For DV-2019, notification of selection is only available by directly accessing Entrant Status Check on the E-DV website dvlottery.state.gov.” – the Embassy shared on Facebook.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
The DV Lottery grants 50,000 people green cards to live in the United States after randomly selected in a lottery despite it being very difficult to obtain visitor’s visas. Several people have questioned what the US intends to achieve with the program.
Will this be the last DV Lottery?
President Donald Trump in November 2017 called on Congress to abolish the Diversity Immigrant Visa (DV) Program, through which the suspect in a New York terror attack entered the country. He called the program, informally known as the Green Card lottery, a disaster for the country.
“This program grants visas not on a basis of merit, but simply because applicants are randomly selected in an annual lottery and the people put in that lottery are not that country’s finest.”
The president added that the program presents significant vulnerabilities to the security of the United States.
A proposal to end the lottery visa is already in the Senate, included in immigration reform legislation introduced earlier last year.
- DV 2021 Results: Entrant Status Check For US Lottery 2021
- Ghana finalizes agreement with GERC for $2.2bn Eastern railway project
- Ethiopian Airlines crash: Mum sensed daughter’s death
- BREAKING NEWS: UK Bans Boeing 737 MAX 8 Aircraft From Its Airspace
- This is the Nigerian who died in the Ethiopian Airlines crash
- Ghanaians expected on crashed Ethiopian Airlines flight
- UPDATE: ‘No survivors’ on crashed Ethiopian Airline
- Ethiopian Airlines flight to Nairobi crashes
- Notable people who called for Catherine Afeku’s removal as Tourism Minister
- Catherine Afeku Removed as Minister For Tourism & Creative Arts
- Cape360 awarded at 2018 Central Region Tourism Awards; see full list of winners
- How to successfully apply for South Africa Visitor Visa from Ghana
- Nalerigu: What the capital of the newly created North East Region has for tourists
- Nigerians Travel To Ghana Just To See KIA Terminal 3
- YEAR OF RETURN: Aburi’s Regeneration Concert records impeccable performances in a marijuana-filled atmosphere
- YEAR OF RETURN: Aburi Botanical Gardens to host African Culture and Wellness Festival
- Uganda hints of Sex Tourism
- START PACKING: Canada wants 1 million more new immigrants over the next 3 years
- U.S ambassador summoned over high rate of visa denials
- Passport forms now free and available online
- Free WiFi on board Dubai taxis
- Ghana’s tourism promoted by Shatta Wale’s Reign album launch
- Ethiopia to give all Africans visa-on-arrival
- 10 incredible drone photography shots of Western Region that will give you serious wanderlust
- Kotoka Airport: Domestic airline operations moved to Terminal 2
- Melania Trump’s visit will boost tourism – Minister
- VIDEO: Watch the arrival of Emirates A380 at the Kotoka Airport Terminal 3
- 10 things you need to know about Airbus A380
- Emirates A380 lands in Accra (Photos)
- U.S. airport to allow marijuana in carry-ons