Minister of Creative Arts and Tourism, Barbara Oteng, has reached out to veteran actor, Kofi Laing, popularly known as ‘Kohwe’, following the latter’s appeal for support.
The actor in an interview on Adom FM said the conditions of veterans who worked hard to bring smiles to the faces of Ghanaians, are nothing to write home about.
He stated that this is mostly because in their days, the Ghana film industry was not rewarding in terms of money, so they could not amass any wealth.
Therefore he said, Ghanaians should support him now and not wait till he is dead and gone before they do so.
The Minister, Barbara Oteng paid him a visit on Friday, October 4, to donate some things to him.
Other people he revealed have contacted him from Ghanaians at home and in the diaspora.
Many people from the entertainment circles he added, have expressed interest in extending a helping hand to him.
Kohwe featured in the popular Akan Drama as well as the “Kaneshie Odorkor” TV series.
- Veteran actor Kohwe ‘begs’ Ghanaians for support
- I would have died if not for comedy – Kohwe
- Actress Vicky Zugah denies marriage rumours
- My 9-month-old daughter has two endorsement deals – McBrown
- I broke up with David Dontoh because I couldn’t give birth for him – Maame Dokono
- Ladies will go after my man if I disclose his identity – Emelia Brobbey
- Vicky Zugah set to tie the knot On December 28
- It’s better to exchange sex for movie roles – Prince David Osei
- Why Nadia Buari wept at Dumelo’s wedding
- Edey bee k3k3’ actor laments ‘blacklist’ after support for Mahama in 2016
- Efia Odo slams critics after her 4Syte MVAs red carpet look went viral
- Rev Owusu Bempah donates Gh5000 to Psalm Adjetefio
- We are not taking over the jobs of TV Presenters and musicians – Emelia Brobbey
- It’s not okay for a man to go down on his knees to propose to a lady – Pete Edochie
- Did Vivian Jill Secretly Get Married In this New Photo?
- Psalm Adjetefio appeals for funds to undergo heart surgery
- Fans putting too much pressure on us – Belinda Dzattah
- Prioritise protection of Atewa Forest – American actor
- We made black comedy what it is today – Steve Harvey
- I might move into politics – Rahim Banda
- Begging Nana Ama Mcbrown doesn’t mean I lied about what she did – Rosemond Brown
- A Plus is right; NPP is a violent and an intolerant party – Lydia Forson
- Some Hollywood movies ‘rubbish’ – Yvonne Okoro
- I won’t put my nudes on social media – Martha Ankomah
- I’m not a Christan and I don’t use the Bible – Efia Odo
- Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ disqualified from Oscar race
- Mmebusem will go blind and die for ridiculing Jesus – Prophet
- NDC and NPP same, I’m sad to be a Ghanaian – Yvonne Nelson
- Yvonne Nelson premieres ‘Fix Us’ on December 6
- I’m not financially ready to marry – Actor