Ghana’s Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture has been appointed as the Chairperson of the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) Leadership Taskforce Group.
The appointment was announced at the first meeting of the Leadership Taskforce which took place on the 25th of January, 2019 at the Headquarters of the world body in Madrid, Spain.
“I want to use this opportunity to thank the good people of Ghana for their support and to all the individuals and organisations contributing largely to the development of Tourism, Arts and Culture across the globe.” The Minister said in a Facebook post.
The Minister also assured United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) her commitment to work diligently to ensure the Taskforce attain it’s set targets under her auspices.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) is the United Nations agency responsible for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism. It is the leading international organization in the field of tourism, which promotes tourism as a driver of economic growth, inclusive development and environmental sustainability and offers leadership and support to the sector in advancing knowledge and tourism policies worldwide.
Mrs Catherine Opoku who is the Member of Parliament for Evalue – Gwira Constituency was appointed as Minister for Tourism, Arts and Culture by the President Nana Akuffo Addo on 25 January 2017 and has occupied the position till date.
See Facebook post below.
- Catherine Afeku, Patapaa’s dance battle at Kundum Festival Mega Jam
- I Don’t Miss The Creative Arts Ministry – Hon Catherine Afeku
- Ghanaians requested yet mourning Catherine Afeku’s removal as Tourism Minister
- Don`t Dance Over Afeku`s Exit Yet, Remember The Devil you know…
- Notable people who called for Catherine Afeku’s removal as Tourism Minister
- Hon. Barbara Oteng Gyasi Assigned As Minister For Tourism, Culture And Creative Arts By President Akufo-Addo
- Catherine Afeku Removed as Minister For Tourism & Creative Arts
- Hollywood Stars Visit To Ghana Was Useless: Catherine Afeku Replies Actor Prince David Osei
- PHOTOS: Actor Bill Asamoah Gets Appointment As Tourism Ambassador For Ghana
- VIDEO: Boris Kodjoe to visit Ghana with top 40 world celebrities
- AFRIMA 2018: Check Out What Happened On The Red Carpet Session
- I Have Swag ─ Tourism Minister, Catherine Afeku Replies Critics Of Her ‘Revealing’ Dress