‘Love don’t cost a thing’ or does it? The issue of love is always complex because there is no “one cap fits all” prescription. To some, love is best found in your home town /village whiles to others, love knows no bounds.
A major component of being a celebrity is the fact that you’ll travel a lot and as a result, there’s that possibility that during one of your travels, you’ll find love even if you didn’t plan for it. Here, we’ll take a look at some of our celebrities who found love beyond the borders of Ghana.
Christian Atsu is married to Marie-Claire Rupio, a German with whom she has two kids. Atsu who presently plies his trade for Newcastle United FC after previously featuring for Chelsea FC, Vitesse Arnhem, Everton, AFC Bournemouth, Malaga, FC Porto and Rio Ave revealed that he met his wife, Marie during his loan spell at Rio Ave, a club in Portugal. One thing led to another, and they eventually got married in 2012.
When Marie –Claire was asked about Atsu in an interview, she said, ‘He is a strong person, does not cry easily, but he is very concerned about humanitarian issues”.
Christian Atsu often flaunts his lovely family.
The ‘Maestro’ as he is affectionately known is a former skipper of the Black Stars best known for the feats he achieved with Olympique Marseille. He has featured for a host of clubs throughout his illustrious playing career including; Real Tamale United, Al Sadd, FC Zurich, Dragons l’Oueme, Niort, Mulhouse, Losc Lille, Olympique Lyonnais, Torino, 1860 Munich and Al Ain. On the national level, he played 73 times for the Black Stars.
Now, let’s talk about love, shall we? Abedi Pele is married to Maha, a lady of Lebanese descent. He got married to her during his playing days in France in 1987 and together, they have three children; Andre, Jordan and Imani Ayew.
In 2017, Abedi Pele and Maha celebrated their 30th year in marriage, not easy, eh?
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
He is one of the famous celebrity bloggers in Ghana and is also one of those whose net is so wide that it caught a huge fish outside the borders of Ghana.
He got married to his girlfriend, Elsie in 2018 in a ceremony in Ghana. Narrating how they met, Ameyaw Debrah said that Elsie had been looking for a celebrity to host an event in the States that she had been organizing. After making some enquiries, so she was given Ameyaw Debrah’s number by a mutual friend. She got in touch with him, and together, they staged a successful event. It should have ended there, but, hmmm… matters of the heart!
After the event, Ameyaw said that they kept in touch and he finally met Elsie when she came to Ghana.
Ellen Kyei White
The talented actress has been at the centre of a lot of controversies which pertains to playing a role in destroying the marriage of others. She was accused of playing a sinister role in the collapse of the marriage of her colleague, Emelia Brobbey.
Aside from that, Ellen also revealed that she had previously faced similar accusations when she went to Paris to undertake a project.
Unknown to many, Ellen has been keeping her private life away from the media and the prying eyes of the public and so a lot of people are not aware that she is married.
In an interview with Abeiku Santana on his flagship programme, “ATUU”, Ellen White revealed that she is married and has a son.
However, her husband stays in Germany, and they see each other occasionally. Not much is known about the identity of her husband.
He is married to a Nigerian, Uche Ofodile. Captain Planet (real name; Sylvanus Dodji Jeoffrey) is a member of the now-defunct music group, 4×4 whiles his wife is a renowned Chief Executive Officer of Telecommunication giants, MTN Benin. They got married on June 20, 2014 in a lavish ceremony in Accra.
Guess what? Captain Planet said that his dog was the reason why the connection between him and Uche worked. He said, ‘My dog connected me to my wife, the excitement of the dog whenever I went to her house was overwhelming, the dog followed me wherever I went, it was very protective of me’.
Earlier this year, his wife was transferred from MTN Liberia to head MTN Benin.
- Ghanaian celebrities in long-distance relationships
- 5 Ghanaian Celebrities who are alive but some people think they are dead
- Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by fake news
- PHOTOS: Female Ghanaian celebrities who make short hair beautiful
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- 5 Most generous Ghanaian celebrities who inspire us with their timely donations
- Prestigious Address: Ghanaian celebrities who have moved to East Legon
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by death hoaxes
- Ghanaian female celebrities using their star power to launch businesses
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies
- Ghanaian families with the most celebrities
- Ghanaian celebrities you didn’t know are Muslims
- BE INSPIRED: Rich Ghanaian celebrities who grew up in the ghetto
- Ghanaian celebrities who will retweet when you tweet at them
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Died At The Peak Of Their Careers
- Ghanaian celebrities who abandoned fame to preach the gospel
- PHOTOS: 5 Ghanaian Celebrities Who Have Lost Weight Overnight
- Ghanaian celebrities who stole our hearts and never came back
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Sold Their Talent For Travel Visas
- 10 Nigerian celebrities who have won the hearts of Ghanaians
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own a G- Wagon
- Ghanaian celebrities who have never been in the news for the wrong reason
- Ghanaian celebrities who support Manchester United
- Ghanaian Celebrities Whose Talent Are Still Questioned
- Ghanaian celebrities who married or dated foreigners
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own Range Rovers
- 10 Ghanaian celebrities who have won the hearts of Nigerians
- 9 Ghanaian celebrities who switched Kumasi for Accra