“If you cannot fly, run. If you cannot run, walk. If you cannot walk, crawl. By all means, you have to keep moving”.
It is also an open secret that our entertainment industry has not yet reached a standard where a lot of the top players are kept satisfied. As a result, some of our celebrities, in search of better working conditions, have been swept away by Nigeria and since then, seem to have forgotten their way back home to Ghana. Someone like Becca, also had no choice than to move there after her marriage.
Let’s get into detail how we have lost some of our celebs to Nigeria.
Joseph Van Vicker
Born on August 1, 1977, Van Vicker is one of the most popular actors in Ghana. His acting prowess has even earned him two nominations for “Best Actor in a Leading Role” and “Best Upcoming Actor” at the Africa Movie Academy Awards in 2008.
He began his career in the entertainment world as a radio presenter at Groove 106.3FM and Vibe 91.9FM. He was also a television personality for TV3 Ghana and Metro TV. His maiden appearance in a movie was in the popular television series, Suncity where he played the character of Leroy King Jnr, a fine arts student born in in the US who arrived in Ghana to complete his university education.
Soon after that, he starred in Divine Love albeit as a supporting character. The likes of Jackie Appiah and Majid Michel were cast as the female and male lead, respectively.
Van Vicker starred in a couple of Ghanaian movies, but later on, he made a break into Nollywood films and has not looked back.
He has featured in films alongside prominent Nollywood actors and actresses such as Tonto Dikeh, Mercy Johnson, Stephanie Okereke, Chika Ike, Jim Iyke, Mike Ezuruonye, Olu Jacobs, Ini Edo, Kate Henshaw-Nuttal, Chika Ike, Oge Okoye and Genevieve Nnaji.
He has virtually acted with all the topmost actors and actresses in Nigeria and has starred in popular Nigerian movies such as; Against the law, The joy of a prince, Stolen Will, Gambling with marriage, et al.
He has become a mainstay in the Nollywood industry so much so that it is difficult to remember the last time he featured in a Ghanaian movie.
Her full name is Rebecca Akosua Acheampomaa Acheampong. She is a singer, songwriter, and actress. As a singer, she has released several hits such as; ‘You lied to me’ and ‘Daa k3 daa’. Her talent is unquestionable, but she has had some issues which have apparently prevented her from maintaining a certain level of consistency.
She was at the centre of controversy when her father allegedly disowned her because she wanted to marry Kiki Banson, her former manager. It was reported that Kiki Banson divorced his wife in order to marry Becca.
However, in 2018, she found love. She got married to Nigerian entrepreneur and artist manager, Oluwatobi Sanni Daniel in a colorful ceremony which was held on 18 August, 2018.
Becca’s mother, Juliana Yiadon-Oti has also had her reservations about her daughter’s husband. Becca’s mum has come out to make several allegations against her son-in-law. Amongst the allegation is that her son-in-law has prohibited Becca from speaking with her and that as a result, Becca hasn’t spoken with her for close to a year. Again, she accused Tobi of labelling her a witch.
However, Becca has made many social media posts which suggest that she is firmly behind her Nigerian husband. In the posts, Becca said that “she loves driving people crazy”. In another post, she wrote, “pretty nonsense”, in response to her mother’s allegations against her. And then in yet another post, Becca wrote, “Tell me what’s your drive!”, in reference to the things her mum had been saying in the media.
However, Becca wept in the last interview where she spoke about the differences she has with her mum. She pleaded with fans to respect her mother and that they should keep away from her family’s private issue. She then assured listeners that she will reach out to her mum as soon as possible, this interview took place in May 2019.
But it appears Becca is still enjoying in the arms of her Nigerian partner and hasn’t really thought about ‘coming back home’. She has said that she’s quitting as a recording artiste after 2020 and concentrate on building a family. That’s a big goodbye to Ghana.
- Ghanaian female celebrities using their star power to launch businesses
- 9 Ghanaian celebrities who switched Kumasi for Accra
- 10 Ghanaian celebrities who have won the hearts of Nigerians
- Ghanaian celebrities who dated sugar mummies
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Had Babies 6 Months After Marriage
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Married In 2018 – PHOTOS
- Ghanaian celebrities who are multi-talented that you probably didn’t know
- Ghanaian celebrities who will retweet when you tweet at them
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who found love beyond our borders
- BE INSPIRED: Rich Ghanaian celebrities who grew up in the ghetto
- Ghanaian celebrities who have struggled with infertility
- Ghanaian celebrities in long-distance relationships
- Ghanaian celebrities with royal blood that you probably didn’t know
- Ghanaian celebrities who have hit rock bottom
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- Corona Babies: List of Ghanaian celebrities who have given birth in 2020
- Ghanaian celebrities who love dogs
- Female Ghanaian celebrities who make haircut looks so cute
- Ghanaian musicians using their real names as stage names
- HILARIOUS: All the times Ghanaian celebrities ‘murdered’ the English language
- PHOTOS: Female Ghanaian celebrities who make short hair beautiful
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Ghanaian celebrities you didn’t know are Muslims
- Ghanaian celebrities who are building brands around their body parts
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- 30 Photos of GMB 2020 co-host Anita Akuffo that are causing stir online
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars