The ongoing brouhaha between musician Rebecca Acheampong, aka Becca, her mother and husband has taken another twist as the father of the musician has finally spoken.
In a lengthy statement sighted on Okyeame Quophi’s status, Becca’s father rendered an unqualified apology to Ghanaians and also to Becca’s husband, Tobi for the embarrassment caused due to the interview she (Becca’s mum) granted to the media.
According to Mr Acheampong, all the allegations leveled against Tobi, Becca’s husband is false and must be ignored with the contempt it deserves.
Mr Acheampong said his son-in-law is a very respectful and humble young man who has added to the growth of Becca’s life ever since he became a part of it.
He condemned madam Oti’s ‘open internet’ approach to dealing with a sensitive family issue and stated that it is not a reflection of the character of the family.
It would be recalled that a few days ago social media was set on fire when a video of Becca’s mother Miss Juliana Oti surfaced in which she granted an interview to the manager of Ghanacelebrities.com, Chris Vincent.
In the video that was widely circulated on social media, Becca’s mother lamented how she had been branded a witch, and totally prevented from visiting or seeing her granddaughter by Becca’s husband.
Madam Oti went on to accuse Tobi of being a thief who is only interested in Becca’s wealth.
Read the full statement below
- Don’t build an oversize brand – Becca
- Becca and Husband celebrate first marriage anniversay
- I love my mum; don’t disrespect her – Becca to Ghanaians
- Becca-Mother Brouhaha: Stacey Amoateng and husband fuelling it – Cousin claims
- Becca’s husband has never called his mother-in-law a witch – Becca’s father speaks
- ‘Becca was depressed because her mother abandoned her after birth – Actress Soraya
- Top celebrities Ghanaians have lost to Nigeria
- Ghanaian female celebrities using their star power to launch businesses
- 9 Ghanaian celebrities who switched Kumasi for Accra
- Ghanaian secular musicians who used to sing in the Church before going commercial
- Celebrity Baby Bumps That Will Make You Feel Like Getting Pregnant Immediately
- No, Becca isn’t quitting music by the end of 2020
- Blakk Cedi finally shows Stonebwoy power on Instagram after he sacked him
- Kofi Kinaata deserves nomination in Gospel Song of the Year category – Quophi Okyeame
- ‘Buy land in Ghana’ – Akon woos African-Americans investors ahead of Year of Return
- KiDi speaks on having a child at age 23
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Africangurl Donia (AGD) – ‘Reason With Me’ (Cover)
- Medikal, Eno to ‘shutdown’ Ghana with Cardi B
- Most gospel musicians are not called by God – Cindy Thompson
- Obrafour ‘angrily’ replies Yaw Labito over allegations
- Kidi was my prayer point – Kuami Eugene confesses
- Kuami Eugene recounts ‘crazy’ experiences with female fans
- 2019 has been the best year in my music career – Strongman
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- ‘I Don’t Want Shatta Wale To Sign Me, He Has Poor Managerial Skills’- Kevynboy Fires
- Musician Kontihene escapes a gory accident (+ photo
- The industry has no room for an ungrateful person like Kelvyn Boy – KOD fires
- I once saw choristers taking off their robes, pulling out cigarettes and Alcohol – Cindy Thompson
- Desist from social media hype – Cabum advises artists