Controversial dancehall artiste Shatta Wale is celebrating his 35th birthday on Thursday, October 17.
Shatta Wale, known in real life as Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jnr., was born on October 17, 1984.
From his humble beginnings as Bandana in the early 2000s to achieving popularity with his 2004 single, ‘Moko Hoo’, which featured Tinny, Shatta Wale has grown to become a household name in Ghanaian and African music.
After the ‘Moko Hoo’ success, Shatta Wale went on a long hiatus until he emerged again at the 2013 edition of the Ghana Music Awards where an outburst at the event brought him back into the limelight.
Releasing back-to-back hit songs after that, including ‘Dancehall King’, he went on to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ at the 2014 edition of the Ghana Music Awards.
He has gone on to score major local and international success including collaborating with American music star Beyoncé on ‘Already’ for ‘The Lion King: The Gift’ album.
See some throwback photos of Shatta Wale below:
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- ‘I Don’t Want Shatta Wale To Sign Me, He Has Poor Managerial Skills’- Kevynboy Fires
- Shatta Wale earns first Grammy credit on Beyonce’s Lion King album
- Shatta Wale Dashes His ‘Most Popular Video’ Award To Stonebwoy And Promises Never To Beef With Him Anymore(Video)
- 4SyteTv Music Video Awards 2019: Shatta Wale bags 5 awards
- Stop pretending and make Ghana better – Shatta Wale tells Ghanaians
- When will Ghanaians rise against these greedy politicians? – Shatta Wale
- I know my name will fade off soon – Shatta Wale
- It’s a lie – Michy denies patching up with Shatta Wale
- I didn’t go to Sarkodie’s concert because he didn’t invite me – Shatta Wale
- I no longer post videos insulting anyone – Shatta Wale
- I’m working things out with Shatta Michy – Shatta Wale
- It’s all an act – Shatta Wale on controversies
- Shatta Wale has made me fearless – Wendy Shay
- Review of Shatta Wale’s Wonder Boy Album Concert with DreamLine
- My son’s music will be studied in universities soon – Shatta Wale’s mother
- Stop peddling falsehood – Shatta Wale warns bloggers
- Shatta Wale has never been my friend – Yaa Pono
- Shatta Wale escapes arrest warrant
- I can’t wish people what I don’t feel – Yaa Pono to Shatta Wale
- Shatta Wale launches ‘Wonder Boy’ album at 2019 Reign Concert
- Shatta Wale’s ‘Wonder Boy’ album, a mark of greatness
- 5 reasons Shatta Wale could not fill the Fantasy Dome at 2019 ‘Reign Concert’
- I didn’t wish Shatta Wale ‘Happy Birthday’ because he is not my friend – Yaa Pono
- Shatta Wale’s wish of showering fatherly love on his son finally granted
- Shatta Wale causes debate with latest comments on NPP and NDC
- Shatta Wale to win Grammy Award with Wonder Boy
- I promote Ghanaian culture with my music – Shatta Wale
- I’m the only serious and business minded artiste in Ghana – Shatta Wale