The Deputy Prime Minister Thailand has said he thinks the Thai-owned hotel in Nairobi, Kenya had been attacked by the Somalian Islamist group al-Shabaab, ‘because the food is delicious’.
On Tuesday afternoon, five armed terrorists launched an attack, killing 21 civilians at the DusitD2 hotel and office complex. But the terrorists were later killed during the attack or in the aftermath.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Commenting on the attack during a press briefing, Prawit Wongsuwan, who is also the Defence Minister told reporters it was ‘good enough’ that no Thai citizens had been killed in the horrific attack in Nairobi on Tuesday.
When asked why he thought a Thai-owned hotel had been targeted, he replied: ‘I don’t know. Maybe because the food is delicious.’
The DusitD2 hotel is said to be owned by Dusit Thani, a multinational chain which has 29 hotels and resorts in 18 countries.
- UPDATE: ‘No survivors’ on crashed Ethiopian Airline
- Policeman Sentenced To Death For Murder
- Amb. Patten Calls for Diaspora Liberians’ Support
- Government gives away new Kotoka Airport to Turkish
- Bright but needy students from Westlands set to benefit from CDF Scholarship
- Liberians face looming deportation deadline as Episcopal leaders join calls for leniency
- Pres. Weah and Government concerned about Liberians facing immigration challenges in the U.S., says Amb. Patten
- She fled Liberia’s civil war 24 years ago. Now Trump wants her to go back
- ‘I was raised an American’: Liberians await possible deportation from US
- Ph.D. student faces deportation to Liberia, where she has never lived
- Showboy handed 15-year sentence with six years to serve in custody – U.S media clarifies
- Employers Asked to Develop Clear Policy on Sexual Harassment At Workplaces
- Ethiopian Airlines Crashed Plane’s ‘Black Box’ Has Been Found
- Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crash: President Nana Addo Mourns Victims
- Ethiopian Airlines Crashed Plane: List Of Nationalities Onboard Released; No Ghanaian Onboard
- SCREENSHOT: Ghanaian Who Was Supposed To Be On Ethiopian Airlines Crashed Plane Speaks
- VIDEOS: Social Media Goes Frenzy With “Resurrection Challenge”
- NIGERIA ELECTIONS: Atiku Defeats Buhari In Presidential Villa Polling Unit
- NIGERIA ELECTIONS: Vote Counting Underway
- VIDEOS: Nigerian Aircraft Overloaded With Too Much Cash Collapses
- Nigerian elections delayed one week
- Namibia decriminalises dumping newborn babies
- Nigeria stampede: Deaths at Buhari rally in Port Harcourt
- Nigeria election: Election office burnt down six days before polls
- US-based Ghanaian, Daniel Kankam Kills Lover For Threatening To Jilt Him
- Menzgold saga: This is how Ghana’s delegation to Dubai was snubbed
- PHOTO: 5 Men increase customer’s balance from $2,000 to $1.2 million after hacking into a Nigerian bank
- Burkina Faso: Prime Minister and cabinet resign from office
- Nana Appiah Mensah To Appear Before A Dubai Court On February 2 For Misdemeanor -Ghana Police And EOCO Release Statement
- Gabon Coup Attempt: Military men who attempted to overthrow President Ali Bongo arrested