Music producer Edward Nana Poku Osei, popularly known as Hammer, has pleaded with educational authorities in Ghana to introduce a new course that will teach school children about Sarkodie’s music, personality and brand.
Hammer’s justification for his demand is that no music act has, in the life of Ghanaian music, been able to occupy the number one spot for over a decade, something Sarkodie has done.
He explained further that Sarkodie as a performer, character and a business “has accomplished what most artistes have failed to do in their careers.
“He has never followed the hype. He doesn’t do what’s in the books but survived. People told him he needed a label and executive plans but he defied all that but survived,” Hammer preached on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, monitored by Adomonline.com.
When asked if Samini couldn’t be put in the same bracket as Sarkodie, especially as he was nominated for the ‘Artiste of the Decade’ award at the recently held Vodafone Ghana Music Awards, Hammer said Sarkodie’s sense of art, innovation and longevity sets him apart from the rest.
“Samini is a great artiste but he hasn’t sustained his number one status till now. What Sark has done hasn’t been done before. He has been relevant from Borga Borga till now and it has never been done. It’s not about accomplishment but sustenance. No one has been number one from inception. Sarkodie has been number one from the beginning till now and it’s a great achievement.
“His influence should be put in the education curriculum. We thought the arts were an alternative for dropouts. Sarkodie made it clear that it’s a business and career you can follow properly,” he said to host Jay Foley.
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- Brand Nu Y3 SARK: Checkout Sarkodie’s Classic Red Carpet Look To The 2019 MTN 4Syte Music Video Awards
- I’m not ready to rap in English – Sarkodie
- The minister saying Sarkodie is the artiste selling Ghana the most is wrong – Bulldog
- ‘I Don’t Envy Sarkodie’s Success’- Edem
- Sarkodie named ambassador for Year of Return
- I didn’t go to Sarkodie’s concert because he didn’t invite me – Shatta Wale
- Sista Afia is just dope – Sarkodie
- Sarkodie features Idris Elba and Donaeo on Party N Bullshit
- Yaa Pono names his six friends in the music industry
- Yvonne Nelson and Nana Aba Anamoah ‘clash’ over Obrafour and Sarkodie
- Ghana’s Sarkodie makes history at 2019 BET Hip Hop Awards
- Shatta Wale beats Stonebwoy, Sarkodie at 2019 Ghana Music Awards UK
- How Ghanaian Entertainers reacted to Sarkodie’s BET win
- Obrafour’s documentary premiere in limbo as Hammer raises objection
- Kanye West’s Producer congratulates Sarkodie for getting a nomination in BET Hip Hop Awards
- I have the most loyal fan base in Ghana’ – Sarkodie
- Mr Eazi and Sarkodie accused of song theft
- Charging underground artistes for music features not wrong – Sarkodie
- I’ve tried for years to get Sarkodie on a song – Frustrated eShun cries out
- Should Sarkodie be studied as a course? Industry players argue
- I’ll love a collaboration with Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Sarkodie – Bro Sammy
- Nothing wrong with Medikal bragging he saved Ghana’s rap – Sarkodie
- I was paid 20 cedis for Azonto Fiesta with Sarkodie and Appietus – Kesse
- VIDEO: Sarkodie – Lucky ft Rudeboy (P Square)
- Ice Prince tells story of when Beyonce greeted Sarkodie at BET
- Is Beyoncé your queen? – Shatta Wale ‘angrily’ asks Sarkodie
- Shatta Wale ‘ignorantly’ shares a photoshopped post of Sarkodie on social media
- Sarkodie is a hypocrite – Shatta Wale
- Promote our music and stop ranting about politicians – Shatta Wale tells Ghanaians