The suspected Nigerian kidnapper, Sam Udoetuk Wills, currently under investigation for allegedly kidnapping three girls in the Western Region has told a Takoradi District Court that aside from his two friends, an officer of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) also helped him to escape from police custody.
Wills escaped from lawful custody at the Takoradi Central Police Command on December 30, 2018, after he was arrested for allegedly kidnapping some girls.
He was later re-arrested in Nkroful near Takoradi.
The suspect told the Takoradi District court that he would be able to identify the CID officer who aided his escape if he is presented in a parade.
He told the court on Monday that his friends whose names he gave as Kwesi and John also aided his escape.
The Presiding Judge, Michael Kudjo Ampadu did not object to the prosecutor’s argument that it will be difficult to identify the said CID officer, but rather adjourned the case to 18th February 2019 to allow suspect Wills to bring his witness, Kwesi who is currently on the run.
Suspect Wills beside being investigated for the three kidnapped girls is facing three counts of charges including escape from lawful custody, destroying public property and resisting rearrest.
But Nana Adwoa Quayson, sister of one of the victims, Rita Quayson is unhappy with the judge for not calling for a parade of the CID officers to enable the suspect to identify the person who aided his escape from lawful custody.
According to her, because the suspect confessed that he could identify the said CID officer, it was imperative on the judge to make an order in that regard instead of directing the suspect to produce his witness.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
There have been three reported kidnapping incidents in the Western Region.
The issue has triggered a social media campaign by Ghanaians urging the police to be more aggressive in finding the missing girls.
The only suspect in Police custody, Samuel Udoetuk Wills, is said to be behind the kidnapping of three girls in the Western Region between August and December 2018.
Samuel Udoetuk Wills is currently in police custody in Accra after he broke jail and went into hiding but was later rearrested at Nkroful near Takoradi.
He has failed to provide the location of the kidnapped girls.
Family of missing Takoradi girl hopeful of finding her soon
The family of Rita Quayson, one of three girls kidnapped in Takoradi in the Western Region months ago says it is confident she will be found soon.
According to the family, their renewed sense of hope stems from assurances from the Criminal Investigations Department of the Ghana Police Service that it is working tirelessly to find and reunite her with her family.
Sister of the victim, Nana Adwoa Quayson in an interview with Citi News said she is hopeful of some positive news from the police soon concerning the girl.
“I learnt the suspected kidnapper will be arraigned on the 11th of February regarding his earlier escape from the cell so we are waiting to hear what will be said on the 11th so that we can hold a press conference. Since he has been brought to Accra, maybe we can get some positive news. The CID boss has assured us that everything is under control and they are still working on the matter,” she said.
Ghana and security agencies in the United Kingdom and the USA are collaborating to find the kidnapped girls.
- Five times cocaine got missing in Ghana
- Suspects in Canadian girls kidnap allege BNI torture
- Stop Arresting Weed Smokers And Find Fennec’s Killers – Kwaw Kese Tells Ghana Police
- “Takoradi Kidnapped Girls Have Been Killed For Rituals” – Prophet Who Predicted Ethiopian Airline Crash Reveals
- Takoradi kidnapping saga: Parents heckle ‘kidnapper’ in court
- Police Report Reveals Obinim’s ‘Son’ Died Through Reckless Driving
- SAD NEWS: University Of Ghana Student Stabbed Multiple Times To Death On Campus – VIDEO
- We Have No Forensic Artists To Draw Ahmed’s Killers – Police
- Police Arrest 6 Persons In Connection With Ahmed’s Murder
- PHOTOS: Armed Robbers Beat Up 2 Military Officers, 1 Policeman And Seize Their Guns
- Ahmed’s Murder: Ignore Kennedy Agyapong’s Ghc100,000 Bounty – Family Tells Ghanaians
- Ahmed’s Murder: Anas Presents ‘Concrete’ Evidence To Police
- Missing Girls: Vigil held in Takoradi
- PHOTOS: Mammoth Vigil Held For Takoradi Kidnapped Girls
- I Don’t Trust Current IGP Because Anas Vetted And Appointed Him – Kennedy Agyapong Alleges
- He Raped Me So Many Times And Beat Me – Tarkwa Kidnapped Victim Speaks
- VIDEO Of Ghana Police Rescuing The Kidnapped Girls Pops Up On Social Media
- Ahmed’s DEATH: Fingerprint Experts Engaged By Police Over Ahmed’s Murder
- Assemblies Of God Church Declares 14 Days Fasting And Prayer To Rescue Kidnapped Girls
- BREAKING: 3 suspected kidnappers arrested at a hotel in Takoradi – Kojokrom
- Police finds ‘kidnapped’ Tarkwa SHS student in boyfriend’s room
- Another kidnapping case recorded in Takoradi
- Takoradi kidnapping saga: Another suspect arrested
- Kwesi Nyantakyi ‘hot’ over Anas’ key partner, Ahmed’s death
- Police ‘scared’ to move in as gun manufacturing base has been discovered at Alavanyo
- Menzgold saga: EOCO and Ghana Police explain why NAM1’s extradition wasn’t successful
- VIDEOS: John Dumelo sings songs of praises minutes after Ghana Police confirmed NAM1’s arrest in Dubai; Did he invest with Menzgold?
- Police find sperms on murdered Ghana Ports top official; houseboy arrested
- We cannot arrest pastors who prophecy doom – Ghana police
- Morning Show Panelist wanted for expressing his opinion that the “President is foolish man and bogus man”