Ghana can now boast of numerous celebrities; it almost looks like it is very easy to produce stars. However, the journey to stardom and being in the limelight has not been smooth and rosy for most of these celebrities we see today.
Though some celebrities were expected to excel, their success compared to how everyone envisaged are beyond imaginations. Religious folks would say they have been blessed beyond the imagination of man. Let u take a look at some of them.
Ghana’s most decorated artist, Micheal Owusu Addo, popularly known as Sarkodie, has always not been the King of Ghana’s rap game. The rapper’s story is a classic example of from rag to riches.
Sarkodie started as an underground rapper right from his secondary school days at Tema Methodist Senior High, where he used to perform at rap battles, and then he moved to be performing at Tema Festivals while being rewarded with branded shirts and drinks from sponsors of the events to walking miles from his home to recording studio.
This harsh conditions then made no one envisage Sarkodie is going to be one of the biggest acts of Ghana. The rapper narrates occasions where he has been advised by some close relative to give up music since it looked as though there was no future for him. Fast forward today, Sarkodie is a two-time BET award winner, Ghana’s artist of the Decade Award winner, and one of Africa’s finest rappers. No one thought Sarkodie would be this big.
Nana Ama McBrown
Felicity Ama Agyemang, known in the movie circles as Nana Ama McBrown, has also got an inspiring story to tell. Her life took of great while she was a child, she attended the best of schools and had the best life could offer until her parents divorced, and her father abandoned them.
Since then, the actress claims life was extremely difficult for them. She had to drop out of JSS to learn a trade to help her aunty with the raising of her siblings. She started her acting career as a member of the costuming crew, someone who was dedicated the dressing and choosing attires for stars, but today, Nana Ama McBrown is one of the biggest names in the Ghana movie industry.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
She is arguably the richest female actress in Ghana. All her colleagues hold her in high esteem.
Born Livingstone Etse Satekla but known within the music circles as Stonebwoy, he was also never expected to be a big star like he is because of his small beginnings. He started his music career just like rapper Sarkodie from the Tema Methodist Senior High School where he engaged in rapper and singing competitions among schools.
Then he started chasing Abeiku Santana for help to advance his music career until he signed with Ghanaian reggae dancehall legend Samini on his Samini Music and released his first album briefly. Today, Stonebwoy is a BET award winner and is celebrated as one of Africa’s finest reggae-dancehall artists.
Lil Win, born Kwadwo Nkansah, had to overcome a lot of challenges while growing up and flourished in the process. According to the actor, he has worked as a shoemaker, a houseboy and a gateman before but never did himself or anyone thought he was going to be a big star.
However, fast forward today and Kwadwo Nkansah Lil Win is Ghana’s most sort after movie star and one of the highest-earning actors in Ghana.
Having appeared in hundreds of local movies, he’s gone on to receive endorsement contracts from major companies in Ghana such as Coca Cola, MTN, Hisense, and Special Rice, to name a few.
Born Alex Adu, but popularly referred to as Agya Koo, had no formal education. He started his early adulthood as a cobbler with no hope or dream of becoming a celebrity until his first appearance on a Ghanaian comedy shown on GTV known as Concert Party. His great performance and his ability to make the crowd landed him numerous movie roles and endorsement deals.
Today Agya Koo is a legend of the Ghana movie industry, something, he probably never thought of. He is credited for the resurrection of the Ghanaian movie when it died two decades ago. Agya Koo single-handedly brought back the interest of Ghanaians in our local movies at a time where Nigerian movies were reigning in Ghana.
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Ghanaian celebrities who lost contracts after shameful acts in public
- Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by fake news
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Top 5 most influential Ghanaian celebrities who have kept clean sheets throughout their career despite criticisms
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- Ghanaian celebrities who have made us proud overseas
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Ghanaian celebrities who have struggled with infertility
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who saw death but refused to succumb to it
- Prestigious Address: Ghanaian celebrities who have moved to East Legon
- Before And After Photos Of Ghanaian celebrities Whose Weight Loss Will Shock You
- Ghanaians celebrities and the teams they support
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own a G- Wagon
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own Range Rovers
- 10 Ghanaian celebrities who have won the hearts of Nigerians
- 9 Ghanaian celebrities who switched Kumasi for Accra
- PHOTOS: Female Ghanaian celebrities who make short hair beautiful
- Ghanaian celebrities who are multi-talented that you probably didn’t know
- Ghanaian celebrities with foreign accents
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- PHOTOS: 5 Ghanaian Celebrities Who Have Lost Weight Overnight
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by death hoaxes
- Ghanaian celebrities who have tested for Coronavirus
- Ghanaian celebrities who dated sugar mummies
- Ghanaian celebrities who went through hell before getting a child
- Coronavirus: Ghanaian Celebrities who were put under mandatory quarantine