The Editor-in-Chief of the New Crusading Guide newspaper, Abdul Malik Kweku Baako has promised to offer any form of help to the embattled Auditor General, Mr Daniel Yaw Domelevo on a caveat that the latter stops divulging information from his office to the media.
“There are times I think he goes too far in his communication and because I like him and I think he needs our support”, he told host Samson Lardy Anyenini on JoyNews’ current affairs show last Saturday monitored by MyNewsGh.com.
In an interview, Mr Domelevo disclosed that a lot of people have been trying to damage his reputation so they can cause his dismissal as people are unhappy with the work he is doing to save the national purse.
Abdul Malik Kweku Baako who according to him said he respects “principled” Daniel Yaw Domelevo, therefore wants him to be circumspect and cautious in his utterances.
“I pray he stays focused so that nobody starts in thinking we have an ‘Agitator General’ rather than Auditor-General. I say this with a lot of caution and respect to his integrity,” the veteran journalist revealed.
Mr Domelevo is under probe by the EOCO after a private citizen petitioned the anti-graft agency alleging a breach of the Procurement Law, 2003, Act 663, in relation to the purchasing of vehicles worth almost GH¢6.2 million for the Audit Service.
“Once you fight corruption, corruption will fight you back and it will fight you in any way that it can, justifiably or unjustifiably. I am aware of this…I think you heard that last year , Daily Guide Newspaper was at the forefront of tarnishing my reputation, even saying they are going to strip me naked”, Daniel Yaw Domelevo said.
“I still have my clothes on and I am not yet naked. It was all because of the procurement of some vehicles for the Ghana Audit Service,” he added.
- Can Kennedy Agyapong swallow his pride and apologise to Kweku Baako as the court has ordered?
- Alajo ‘coup plotters’ have a huge hurdle to cross – Baako
- ACP Agordzo is bold and I like him – Kweku Baako Jnr
- PDS Termination: Akufo-Addo faced opposition from his own ‘colleagues’ – Kweku Baako
- NDC’s phobia of recollecting negative history amounts to intellectual cowardice – Baako fires
- Akufo-Addo’s government ‘sucks’ at communication – Kweku Baako
- Security agents joined coup plotters and exposed them – Kweku Baako reveals
- Canadians played no role in rescue of kidnapped women – Kweku Baako supports government
- Bawumia never said government won’t borrow – Baako to Suhuyini
- Nzema Youth descend heavily on Kweku Baako, call him ‘NPP propagandist
- Stupid man like you, ugly fool – Owusu Bempah blasts Kweku Baako
- NDC alarm over guns importation diabolic and mischievous – Kweku Baako
- Akufo-Addo gov’t doing better than Mahama did – Baako backs Bawumia
- Bawumia is NDC’s main headache – Baako