An ongoing court case between Ghanaian dancehall artists Livingston Etse Satekla popularly known as “Stonebwoy”, Charles Nii Armah Mensah also known as “Shatta Wale” and the State has adjourned.
The adjournment according to Razz News, follows a plea by the state Prosecutor Superintendent Emelia Asante to enable her call her final witness to testify in court.
According to her, she has four witnesses to testify in court and has since been able to call only three witnesses leaving the remaining one.
The court has, therefore, directed that the final witness should be called before 15 July to allow a continuation of the case.
The case has been adjourned to July 16, 2019.
History of the case
The duo were granted bail after they were charged with Breaches of Peace, contrary to Section 2017 (1) of the Criminal and other Offences Act 1960 (ACT 29).
Stonebwoy also received an additional charge of display of weapon in public space without permission contrary to Section 7 (1) and 26 (1) (a) of Arms and Ammunition Act-1972 (NRCD.9)
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
According to a statement signed by Effia Tenge, Deputy Superintendent of Police and Head of Public Affairs, the two Dancehall artistes pleaded not guilty to the charges and have been admitted to bail in sum of GHc 50,000 with one surety each.
The statement also said that, the court has advised the two accused persons to be of good behaviour during the pendency of the case before the court.
Ever since the two have apologized to all stakeholders and fans.
On June 4, 2019, Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale held a peace conference to announcement settlement of their differences. They promised fans of good behavior and asked them for support as they move on the peace journey.
The also hinted of peace concerts across the country.
The conference was put together by Kofi Aban, the man responsible for bringing the two artists together after their recent challenges with support from Bhim Nation, Shatta Movement and Rufftown Records.
- Shatta Wale Dashes His ‘Most Popular Video’ Award To Stonebwoy And Promises Never To Beef With Him Anymore(Video)
- Shatta Wale beats Stonebwoy, Sarkodie at 2019 Ghana Music Awards UK
- Shatta Wale & I deserve special treatment – Stonebwoy
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale case stalls
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale case stalls
- Shatta ‘bigs up’ Stonebwoy on his Buju Banton collabo
- I’ll love a collaboration with Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Sarkodie – Bro Sammy
- Stonebwoy, Samini could have gotten Beyonce collabo – Shatta Wale
- State to call four witnesses in Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale trial
- Stop ‘chopping’ area girls and marry like Sark, Stonebwoy, others – Rosemond Browns to Shatta Wale
- Why create chaos and ask us to pay? – Shatta Wale/Stonebwoy queried
- ShattaStone is a nine days’ wonder — Industry players
- Shatta Wale quotes bible verse to support why he kissed Stonebwoy
- Love Stonebwoy, he is a very nice guy – Shatta Wale explains to SM fans
- Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy team up for ”Ghana First” concert
- Stonebwoy, Shatta send message to Ghana Police
- Shatta-Stonebwoy Peace Conference: Kelvynboy snubs Wendy Shay (Video)
- Stonebwoy and I are taking Ghana Music to the world – Shatta Wale
- How Samini, Sarkodie and Kwaw Kese reacted to Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy’s reunion
- Nana Aba descends on Obuor for not taking steps to reunite Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy
- Nana Aba Anamoah is the brain behind Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy’s unity
- If I were Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale I won’t return any award to VGMA Board – Edem
- Stonebwoy finally reacts to Shatta Wale mocking his crippled leg
- Stonebwoy should have left Blakk Cedi to slap Shatta Wale – Blakofe
- Balotelli shows massive support for Stonebwoy after VGMA saga
- Blame Charterhouse for VGMA brawl not Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale – Ex-Doe
- Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy VGMA fracas; Are we safe?
- I thought Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale would learn from my experience – Gemann
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale stripped of VGMA awards
- Shatta, Stonebwoy gun battle clearly exposes your incompetence – Afia Schwar tears into Charterhouse