The trial of Livingstone Etse Satekla, aka Stonebwoy, and Charles Nii Armah Mensah, popularly called Shatta Wale, has once again been adjourned to September 13.
The two Dancehall artistes have been charged for their involvement in the chaos that marred this year’s Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMAs).
The adjournment of their trial was due to the fact that private legal practitioner Jerry Avenorgbor, who represents Shatta Wale, could not make it to court for the commencement of the case.
Daily Guide gathered that the lawyer who was in court the previous sitting was absent yesterday because he had ben indisposed.
Stonebwoy’s lawyer, Selali Wonya, as well as the prosecutor, Superintendent of Police (SP) Emelia Asante, were both in court yesterday.
The Adjabeng Magistrate Court in Accra, presided over by His Worship Isaac Addo, adjourned the matter to September 13, 2019, to hold the case management to set the ground rules for the trial.
The prosecution had, at the last court sitting, indicated that five persons were expected to appear as witnesses in the trial of the two who were hauled before court in May this year.
They had earlier listed four persons as witnesses, but yesterday after the brief court proceedings, the prosecutor told reporters that they were adding another one to make it five.
Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale have been charged with offensive conduct conducive to breach of peace, while Stonebwoy is facing another charge of displaying a weapon in public place without permission.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Police sources revealed that the gun he allegedly pulled on the VGMAs stage was an Australian gun INFK 158 with butt number AA792002017.
The two artistes, who have huge following in the entertainment industry, disrupted the VGMA, which was held at the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC) in May.
Shatta Wale and his entourage attacked Stonebwoy, who was on stage receiving the dancehall artiste of the year award during the event.
Some of his followers had claimed that he wanted to go on stage to ‘congratulate’ Stonebwoy, but many rather blamed Charterhouse for the incompetent manner in which it handled the entire event.
They were later arrested and detained till the next day when they were granted police enquiry bail.
Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale were hauled before the court, where they all pleaded not guilty to the charges levelled against them.
The two have since held a joint press conference to tell their fans they have buried their differences.
In one of their appearances in court, they showed they had buried their hatchets by openly chatting with each other and shaking hands right after the court proceedings.
That was after they had earlier exchanged greetings in the courtroom before the case was called.
- Shatta Wale Dashes His ‘Most Popular Video’ Award To Stonebwoy And Promises Never To Beef With Him Anymore(Video)
- Shatta Wale beats Stonebwoy, Sarkodie at 2019 Ghana Music Awards UK
- Shatta Wale & I deserve special treatment – Stonebwoy
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale case stalls
- Shatta ‘bigs up’ Stonebwoy on his Buju Banton collabo
- I’ll love a collaboration with Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Sarkodie – Bro Sammy
- Stonebwoy, Samini could have gotten Beyonce collabo – Shatta Wale
- State to call four witnesses in Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale trial
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale court case adjourned due to absence of 4th witness
- Stop ‘chopping’ area girls and marry like Sark, Stonebwoy, others – Rosemond Browns to Shatta Wale
- Why create chaos and ask us to pay? – Shatta Wale/Stonebwoy queried
- ShattaStone is a nine days’ wonder — Industry players
- Shatta Wale quotes bible verse to support why he kissed Stonebwoy
- Love Stonebwoy, he is a very nice guy – Shatta Wale explains to SM fans
- Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy team up for ”Ghana First” concert
- Stonebwoy, Shatta send message to Ghana Police
- Shatta-Stonebwoy Peace Conference: Kelvynboy snubs Wendy Shay (Video)
- Stonebwoy and I are taking Ghana Music to the world – Shatta Wale
- How Samini, Sarkodie and Kwaw Kese reacted to Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy’s reunion
- Nana Aba descends on Obuor for not taking steps to reunite Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy
- Nana Aba Anamoah is the brain behind Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy’s unity
- If I were Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale I won’t return any award to VGMA Board – Edem
- Stonebwoy finally reacts to Shatta Wale mocking his crippled leg
- Stonebwoy should have left Blakk Cedi to slap Shatta Wale – Blakofe
- Balotelli shows massive support for Stonebwoy after VGMA saga
- Blame Charterhouse for VGMA brawl not Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale – Ex-Doe
- Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy VGMA fracas; Are we safe?
- I thought Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale would learn from my experience – Gemann
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale stripped of VGMA awards
- Shatta, Stonebwoy gun battle clearly exposes your incompetence – Afia Schwar tears into Charterhouse