There was no joy for Hearts of Oak on matchday two of the Ghana Football Association (GFA) Normalisation Committee Special Competition as the club succumbed to a 1-0 away defeat to Elmina Sharks on Wednesday.
Felix Addo’s strike six minutes to full-time denied the Phobians a point in while handing Sharks their first three points of the novelty league.
The result has taken the Nduom Boys to third on the table in Zone B, two places above Hearts.
Elsewhere in the zone, Liberty Professionals bounced back from their opening day reversal with a 4-0 thumping of Ebusua Dwarfs at Dansoman’s Carl Reindorf Park. Kwadwo Addai scored in his own net while Benjamin Eshun and Emannuel Addo (2x) added three more goals.
At Sogakope, Wafa could not make it two wins on the bounce as they were held to a 1-1 draw by Inter Allies, who similarly settled for a draw on matchday one. Kingsford Opoku Frimpong scored first for the Academy Boys to register his second goal of the season.
However Nigerian import Effiong Nsungusi Junior equalised for the Eleven-Is-To-One five minutes later on the hour mark.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Like Opoku, Diawisie Taylor has taken his goal-tally to two after scoring to help his Karela United side hold Dreams FC to a 1-1 draw away in Dawu. Samuel Alabi gave the home outfit a 27th-minute lead.
In Zone A, visiting Ashanti Gold could not make it six points in two games as they were forced to settle for a 0-0 draw by Bechem United. It was the first game for the Hunters following postponement of their matchday one fixture.
In Dormaa, goals from Yahaya Mohammed and Fataw Abdul-Rahman brought Aduana Stars back to winning ways with a 2-1 triumph over Eleven Wonders, whose consolation was registered by Alex Asamoah. The Fire Boys lost 1-0 to Kotoko on Sunday.
On Thursday, matchday two’s action continues in Tarkwa, where CK Akonnor’s Asante Kotoko have it all to do against Medeama. The latter were not in action on matchday one.
The Kumasi-based side, meanwhile, will be without the injured duo of Wahab Adams and Dany Zabo Teguy.
The game between Stallions FC, formerly Wa All the, and Berekum Chelsea has been postponed. Neither team played on Sunday.
- English Premier League Betting Guide – Tips & Advice
- Special Competition: Karela United Whip Hearts Of Oak
- Special Competition: Eleven Wonders 0-3 Asante Kotoko – Porcupine Warriors return to winning ways
- Special Competition matchday 2 wrap: Sharks shoot down Hearts as Liberty humiliate Dwarfs
- Atletico Madrid places €80 million as Thomas Partey’s price tag
- I won’t naturalize for Russia – Kadri Mohammed pledges his allegiance to Ghana
- Barca coach disappointed in Kevin Boateng’s attitude to training
- Ghana can win 2019 AFCON without me – Gyan
- Bring back Muntari, KP Boateng – Alhaji Grusah
- Real Madrid consider shock move for Thomas Partey
- Sheep disrupt Liberty Prof. vrs Dwarfs game
- AFCON 2019: Egyptian Embassy To Assist Ghanaian Fans Ahead Of Tournament
- Inter star Kwadwo Asamoah delighted by ‘important’ win against Genoa
- Ghana moves three places up in latest FIFA rankings
- Team Dogboe cautions US Embassy
- Evans Mensah climbs from bench to grab brace as HJK Helsinki start Finnish League with victory
- Ghana defender Nicholas Opoku impresses as Udinese hold AC Milan in serie A
- Majeed Waris recovers from injury, travels with Nantes side to face PSG in French Cup
- Columbus Crew ace Harrison Afful suffers broken jawn 100th MLS cap; ruled out for SIX weeks
- Black Queens captain Elizabeth Addo elated after joining Chinese side Jiangsu Suning
- Man United target Thomas Partey features as Atletico Madrid close gap on Barcelona in La Liga
- KP Boateng will leave Barcelona at the end of the season
- Andre Ayew determined to win AFCON title
- Anthony Annan neglects kids; wife cries for help
- Black Stars Denied Hotel Access
- CAF CONFEDERATION CUP: Kotoko Fall To Zesco; Eliminated In Group Stage
- Asamoah Named As Manager of Schalke 04
- FIFA Approves A New 24 Team Club World Cup
- UEFA Champions League quarter-final draw: Manchester City face Tottenham, Barclelona play Man United
- Hearts of Oak CEO Mark Noonan resigns