Hearts of Oak suffered a second defeat in four days after Karela United beat the Rainbow Club 1-0 at the Crosby Awuah Park in Anyinase.
Solomon Sarfo Taylor’s 42nd minute goal separated the two sides in a fiercely contested encounter.
The home side began the game on a high tempo, applying early pressure on the Phobians and nearly fetched the opener in the 11th minute.
Richmond Ayi saved from a fine effort from Karela.
Hearts striker Joseph Esso could have opened the scoring in the 20th minute after a brilliant moment of football for the travelling side.
Esso, who missed minutes earlier turned provider but Daniel Kodie wasted the chance.
It was end to end action, with Karela pushing to break the deadlock, but the impressive Richmond Ayi made another spectacular save.
On the other end, Daniel Kodie’s phenomenal strike was saved by Kojo Mensah.
But the home-side very determined to break the deadlock did not take too long to grab the opener after Solomon Sarfo Taylor nodded in from a freekick.
Before the goal the referee had waved on a penalty appeal from the phobians after a defender bumped into Hearts forward Joseph Esso.
Hearts came back from the half very determined for an equalizer with Mitchell Sarpong’s effort on target going wide.
Youngster Manaf Umar, who was making his first start for the season tried an audacious kick when he saw the Karela keeper off line line but that could not end up in the post.
The rains pour later on in the game but that could not stop either side from going in for a goal.
Richmond Ayi again saved the phobians from conceding a second after another fine save in 80th minute.
Fatawu Mohammed nearly grabbed a leveler for Hearts but goalkeeper Kojo Mensah was equal to the task.
- Special Competition: WAFA SC 2-1 Karela United- Unbeaten Academy Boys go top of Zone A
- Special Competition: Eleven Wonders 0-3 Asante Kotoko – Porcupine Warriors return to winning ways
- English Premier League Betting Guide – Tips & Advice
- Special Competition: Asante Kotoko 2-0 AshantiGold- Fatwau Safiu’s brace helps Porcupines win Ashanti Classic
- Hearts of Oak poised for midweek clash against Ebusua Dwarfs after Karela defeat
- NC COMPETITION PREVIEW: Aduana battle AshGold, Karela welcomes Hearts of Oak
- Atletico Madrid places €80 million as Thomas Partey’s price tag
- I won’t naturalize for Russia – Kadri Mohammed pledges his allegiance to Ghana
- Barca coach disappointed in Kevin Boateng’s attitude to training
- Ghana can win 2019 AFCON without me – Gyan
- Bring back Muntari, KP Boateng – Alhaji Grusah
- Real Madrid consider shock move for Thomas Partey
- Sheep disrupt Liberty Prof. vrs Dwarfs game
- AFCON 2019: Egyptian Embassy To Assist Ghanaian Fans Ahead Of Tournament
- Inter star Kwadwo Asamoah delighted by ‘important’ win against Genoa
- Special Competition matchday 2 wrap: Sharks shoot down Hearts as Liberty humiliate Dwarfs
- Ghana moves three places up in latest FIFA rankings
- Team Dogboe cautions US Embassy
- Evans Mensah climbs from bench to grab brace as HJK Helsinki start Finnish League with victory
- Ghana defender Nicholas Opoku impresses as Udinese hold AC Milan in serie A
- Majeed Waris recovers from injury, travels with Nantes side to face PSG in French Cup
- Columbus Crew ace Harrison Afful suffers broken jawn 100th MLS cap; ruled out for SIX weeks
- Black Queens captain Elizabeth Addo elated after joining Chinese side Jiangsu Suning
- Man United target Thomas Partey features as Atletico Madrid close gap on Barcelona in La Liga
- KP Boateng will leave Barcelona at the end of the season
- Andre Ayew determined to win AFCON title
- Anthony Annan neglects kids; wife cries for help
- Black Stars Denied Hotel Access
- CAF CONFEDERATION CUP: Kotoko Fall To Zesco; Eliminated In Group Stage
- Asamoah Named As Manager of Schalke 04