Ghanaian Hip Life, High Life musician Kofi Kinaata has said that winning Song Writer of the Year award at the 2020 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards with his ‘Things Fall Apart Song,’ is not his priority.
Speaking to Nana Tuffour on Citi TV’s Saturday Live after a spectacular live band performance, the Fante Rap God explained that any award he will win would be considered as a bonus to his achievements.
“I just did the song and I think there are stuff that I need to say and I said it. Songwriter of the Year will be a bonus. That wasn’t the motive for the song. I just wanted to do a song that would address issues and that is what I did, people love it so I’m okay,” he added.
‘Things Fall Apart’ which was released a few weeks ago has received plaudits from music lovers for its theme and the depth of the lyrical content.
The song mentions the ills of society, as the singer questions the religiosity of people in society who commit various wrongdoings.
Kofi Kinaata who has won Songwriter of the Year award before at the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards, has hit songs like ‘Susuka’, ‘The Whole Show’, ‘Made in Taadi, Confession’, ‘Adam and Eve ’and‘ Single and Free’.
- Kofi Kinaata deserves nomination in Gospel Song of the Year category – Quophi Okyeame
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- Kofi Kinataa thrills crowd ‘Things Fall Apart’ performance
- Not even Jay Z is beyond Payola – Kofi Kinaata denies ‘no payment’ claims
- I have grown beyond paying payola – Kofi Kinaata
- Kofi Kinaata, Kuami Eugene, Dope Nation, others billed for #D2R2019
- Rex Omar’s claim that I am not a songwriter was his personal opinion – Kinaata
- Blogger describes Kofi Kinaata as a preacher and not a musician
- I’II soon tie the knot – Kofi Kinaata
- Enough thinking does not go into songs produced lately – Kofi Kinaata
- Kofi Kinaata dejected over death of kidnapped Takoradi girls
- NEW MUSIC: Don Kweli featuring Kofi Kinaata – Happy Life (Prod by Willisbeat)
- Before signing to High Grade family, I was doing music for fun – Kofi Kinaata
- Ghanaian celebrities who support Manchester United
- Ghanaians celebrities and the teams they support
- Ghanaian celebrities who have never been in the news for the wrong reason
- Blakk Cedi finally shows Stonebwoy power on Instagram after he sacked him
- ‘Buy land in Ghana’ – Akon woos African-Americans investors ahead of Year of Return
- KiDi speaks on having a child at age 23
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Africangurl Donia (AGD) – ‘Reason With Me’ (Cover)
- Medikal, Eno to ‘shutdown’ Ghana with Cardi B
- Most gospel musicians are not called by God – Cindy Thompson
- Obrafour ‘angrily’ replies Yaw Labito over allegations
- Kidi was my prayer point – Kuami Eugene confesses
- Kuami Eugene recounts ‘crazy’ experiences with female fans
- 2019 has been the best year in my music career – Strongman
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- ‘I Don’t Want Shatta Wale To Sign Me, He Has Poor Managerial Skills’- Kevynboy Fires
- Musician Kontihene escapes a gory accident (+ photo