Social media users have condemned Private legal practitioner, Ace Ankomah for posting a video on his Facebook wall seeking to suggest the $278 million newly constructed Terminal 3 at the Kotoka International Airport was flooded after the rains on Monday.
The video was first put out on his wall showing a flooded area after Monday afternoon downpour, which was initially thought to be the newly built terminal 3 but it turned out to be the tarmac of KIA and not the new terminal 3 projects.
After the video had gone viral with sections making a mockery of the project, the Ghana Airports Company Limited immediately issued a statement on its official Facebook page also debunking the claim saying “We can confirm that there was NO flooding at KIA, neither was there flooding in terminal 3, as earlier reported”
Despite that, the majority of the comments on his wall sought to question his sense of patriotism as many accused of him of not telling the success story of Ghana especially the terminal 3 that is widely admired by our neighboring countries.
The terminal 3 projected which was started by President Mahama was set to be commissioned on Tuesday, October 2 but has since been suspended indefinitely for reasons best known to the Aviation Ministry.
Another aspect that’s causing controversy is the government’s decision to send out invitations for the commissioning without inviting former President Mahama under whose administration the project was commenced.
Many believe, President Nana Addo Akufo-Addo should have invited former President Mahama to the ceremony especially because he started the project.
The new terminal 3 departure hall has swanks of 56 check-in desks, self-service stations, 30 passport control counters with four e-gate positions, I-validate centres, eight central screening security lanes, 22 airline ticketing offices, pre-screening area, three business lounges, six boarding gates and two bus boarding lounges, food court and duty-free shops.
It’s expected to increase the economic prospects of Ghana. The project also positions Ghana among countries with modern airport across Africa.
- Kotoka Airport: Domestic airline operations moved to Terminal 2
- VIDEO: Watch the arrival of Emirates A380 at the Kotoka Airport Terminal 3
- 10 things you need to know about Airbus A380
- Emirates A380 lands in Accra (Photos)
- Kotoka Airport Terminal 3 official inauguration cancelled; President shy to inaugurate facility
- No Flooding at Kotoka Airport Terminal 3 – GACL debunks reports
- Corruption, extortion at Kotoka Airport: Our officers not complicit – Immigration Service
- Immigration Service rolls out policy to tackle corruption at Kotoka Airport
- Ace Ankomah denies allegations over involvement in the NAM1 scandal
- Ghana finalizes agreement with GERC for $2.2bn Eastern railway project
- Ethiopian Airlines crash: Mum sensed daughter’s death
- BREAKING NEWS: UK Bans Boeing 737 MAX 8 Aircraft From Its Airspace
- This is the Nigerian who died in the Ethiopian Airlines crash
- Ghanaians expected on crashed Ethiopian Airlines flight
- UPDATE: ‘No survivors’ on crashed Ethiopian Airline
- Ethiopian Airlines flight to Nairobi crashes
- Notable people who called for Catherine Afeku’s removal as Tourism Minister
- Catherine Afeku Removed as Minister For Tourism & Creative Arts
- Cape360 awarded at 2018 Central Region Tourism Awards; see full list of winners
- How to successfully apply for South Africa Visitor Visa from Ghana
- Nalerigu: What the capital of the newly created North East Region has for tourists
- 5 Ghanaian Celebrity Marriages Worthy Of Emulation
- Nigerians Travel To Ghana Just To See KIA Terminal 3
- YEAR OF RETURN: Aburi’s Regeneration Concert records impeccable performances in a marijuana-filled atmosphere
- YEAR OF RETURN: Aburi Botanical Gardens to host African Culture and Wellness Festival
- Uganda hints of Sex Tourism
- Airport worker cries over GHS400 salary
- START PACKING: Canada wants 1 million more new immigrants over the next 3 years
- U.S ambassador summoned over high rate of visa denials
- Passport forms now free and available online