Mr Kaakyire Kwame Fosu, popularly known as KK Fosu, has said social media and the internet have made a major impact on the music industry and called highlife musicians to carefully blend their traditional styles with new and prevailing trends.
“It was a challenge but now it is an advantage”, he said.
Speaking in an interview with Ghana News Agency, KK Fosu said foreign cultural and musical influences could be merged with what is currently prevailing in the country for all to enjoy and appreciate and this is what hiplife has sought to achieve over the years.
KK Fosu said as a result of that effort, he has sold five albums and is currently signed up with ‘Worldmap Records’ owned by Frank Gogo.
He said he would continue in his efforts to aid young and upcoming artistes as it is his goal to ensure that the youth would continue to appreciate our leaders in the highlife industry.
KK Fosu said in the past there used to be few radio stations but now they are all over and the onus now lies on the musician to capture the attention of the radio station by coming up with socially relevant and beautifully crafted themes in their repertoire.
- Blakk Cedi finally shows Stonebwoy power on Instagram after he sacked him
- Kofi Kinaata deserves nomination in Gospel Song of the Year category – Quophi Okyeame
- ‘Buy land in Ghana’ – Akon woos African-Americans investors ahead of Year of Return
- KiDi speaks on having a child at age 23
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Africangurl Donia (AGD) – ‘Reason With Me’ (Cover)
- Medikal, Eno to ‘shutdown’ Ghana with Cardi B
- Most gospel musicians are not called by God – Cindy Thompson
- Obrafour ‘angrily’ replies Yaw Labito over allegations
- Kidi was my prayer point – Kuami Eugene confesses
- Kuami Eugene recounts ‘crazy’ experiences with female fans
- 2019 has been the best year in my music career – Strongman
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- ‘I Don’t Want Shatta Wale To Sign Me, He Has Poor Managerial Skills’- Kevynboy Fires
- Musician Kontihene escapes a gory accident (+ photo
- The industry has no room for an ungrateful person like Kelvyn Boy – KOD fires
- I once saw choristers taking off their robes, pulling out cigarettes and Alcohol – Cindy Thompson
- Desist from social media hype – Cabum advises artists
- Branding, key to music industry – EBA
- Can gospel musicians collaborate with secular artists?
- Wei Ye Oteng attacks Zylofon Media
- Shatana is a retired slay queen – Terry Bonchaka’s former manager jabs musician
- I’m only interested in footballers who play for renowned clubs – Fantana
- Amakye Dede sues Trigmatic for defamation; demands GHC1m
- Traditional language is my identity – Wiyaala
- Stop discrediting local artistes and producers – Fuse ODG ‘angrily’ tells journalists
- VIDEO: Danny Beatz – Don’t Let Me Fall ft Fantana & Freda Rhymz
- Shatta Wale earns first Grammy credit on Beyonce’s Lion King album
- Only fools buy data just to insult and create rivalry between artistes – Kwaw Kese
- What Deborah Vanessa said about her relationship with Medikal