Kwame Asare Obeng’s comment that Akuapem Poloo should not be punished by the law for publishing a naked photo she took with her son on the occasion of the child’s 7th birthday because “real criminals are walk freely and continue to steal with impunity” will only worsen the case of the actress hence the need for the satirist and political activist to shut up, says entertainment analyst Nana Yaw Wiredu.
According to him, Kwame Asare Obeng, well known as A-Plus is drawing a needless comparison. He stressed that A-Plus should rather have questioned why persons who have equally published nude pictures and videos have not been brought to book instead of politicizing the matter.
“You are hurting Akuapem Poloo than helping her. It appears you want to comment on issues of national interest and decided to capitalize on Akuapem Poloo’s saga. You’re making her case worse. He has to shut up!” Nana Yaw Wiredu opined.
In a social media post to express his views on the conviction of Akuapem Poloo, a puzzled A-Plus emitted that “the person who stole and sold food meant for poor people during the lockdown is walking free.
“We spent 19 billion Ghana cedis on Covid-19 yet people were fed plain rice and pepper… Leave this poor girl alone. I disagree with the law always arresting and jailing poor and vulnerable people for petty crimes and misdemeanors…”
But Nana Yaw Wiredu, the Director of OnePlayAfrica making a submission on GhanaWeb TV’s entertainment review show Bloggers’ Forum found the comment worrying. He mentioned that A-Plus, per his caliber, should know better instead of joining the bandwagon.
“Some uneducated persons may be thinking he has made a brilliant point… They’ll agree with the claim that some persons could not account for the 19 billion so Akuapem Poloo should be freed. A very lame talk; but you know there are laws in the country. The laws must work,” he told host Abrantepa.
Meanwhile, Andy Vortia, Counsel for Akuapem Poloo has descended heavily on celebrities championing the hashtag #FreeAkuapemPoloo campaign on social media.
According to him, the comments by some of the celebrities championing the campaign are so harsh that it can go a long way to affect the sentence of Akuapem Poloo if the judge happens to see or read what the celebrities are saying or writing on social media. Akuapem Poloo was charged with the publication of nude pictures with her seven-year-old son.
She pleaded not guilty when she was initially arraigned but changed her plea later to guilty on Wednesday, April 14, 2021.
After months of court proceedings, she has been remanded into custody to undergo a pregnancy test before she is handed the sentence on Friday, April 16.
The socialite risks serving jail time of up to three years and in addition, pay a fine not exceeding GH¢6,000.
- Afia Schwarzenegger finally reveals why she is unperturbed about Akuapem Poloo’s sentence
- Akuapem Poloo’s son to get GH¢2,000 remittance each month from two generous people
- Akuapem Poloo saga: Afia Schwarzenegger fires hypocritical Ghanaians
- Reggie Rockstone in tears after Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
- Akuapem Poloo sentencing: Photo of Afia Schwarzenegger kissing her son on the lip surfaces
- Akuapem Poloo refused to take my advice – ‘Big Sister’ Afia Schwar swears
- Akuapem Poloo’s sentence was too harsh – Gasmilla
- Akuapem Poloo saga: Afia Schwarzenegger fires hypocritical Ghanaians (VIDEO)
- Sammy Gyamfi begs president Akufo-Addo to pardon Akuapem Poloo
- ‘I’ll pass this test; I’m strong’ – Akuapem Poloo
- Lawyer Sandra Ankobiah speaks about Akuapem Poloo’s 3 months jail term
- Here Are Photos Of Akuapem Poloo Being Whisked Into A Taxi After She Was Sentenced To 90 Days In Prison
- Leila Djansi Says Ghana Is A Stup!d Hypocritical Country For Jailing Akuapem Poloo Over Her N*de Photo
- Criss Waddle Begs President Akufo-Addo To Pardon Akuapem Poloo
- Sammy Gyamfi Calls On President Akufo-Addo To Pardon Akuapem Poloo – Says Her Sentence Is Too Harsh
- “We Really Need Sentencing Reforms In This Country” – Slay Queen Lawyer, Sandra Ankobiah Reacts To Akuapem Poloo’s 90 Days Imprisonment
- Akuapem Poloo to spend son’s next birthday in prison
- Watch The Video Of How Akuapem Poloo Was Whisked Into A Car To Serve Her Jail Term
- DKB reveals Akuapem Poloo’s current state behind bars
- Reggie Rockstone ‘attacks’ Serwaa Amihere for sharing opinion on Akuapem Poloo’s case
- VIDEO: Akuapem Poloo Speaks After She Was Handed A 90 Day Jail Sentence For Posting A N*de Photo With Her Son On Instagram
- Social media reacts to Akuapem Poloo’s 90-day jail term
- Akuapem Poloo’s pregnancy test came out negative
- Aisha Huang did more damage than Akuapem Poloo – Franklin Cudjoe
- Bloggers’ Forum: Akuapem Poloo’s conviction spark outrage
- BREAKING NEWS: Akuapem Poloo Jailed 90 Days For Posting Her N*de Photo With Her Son On Instagram
- Akuapem Poloo slapped with 90-day jail term over nude picture with son
- VIDEO: Showboy Reacts To Akuapem Poloo’s Impending Sentence From His Prison In The United States
- VIDEO: Current State Of Sorrowful Akuapem Poloo In Police Custody Revealed
- Akuapem Poloo To Be Sentenced Today! Will She Be Thrown Into Jail Or Fined For Being Foolish?