The National Democratic Congress (NDC) has lashed out at the New Patriotic Party(NPP) over a video in which “an ambassador of free SHS” is seen appealing to some Senior High School(SHS) students to make sure the New Patriotic Party (NPP) is retained in power in 2020, warning that it is monitoring all education officials who are allowing the NPP to use them to further its cause.
“We wish to remind all Headteachers and officials of the GES and the Ministry of Education who are allowing themselves to be used by the desperate, corrupt and failed Akufo-Addo government for its self-seeking agenda, that power is transient. We are aware of their collaboration with the failed Akufo-Addo government and the NPP, and will continue to monitor them closely,” the statement signed by Sammy Gyamfi, National Communications Officer, reads in parts and copied to MyNewsGh.com.
The NDC says that it appalled by the activities of the so-called ambassador of free SHS because the NPP has outlawed partisan politics in SHSs only to fragrantly disregard it.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“We in the NDC are appalled and disgusted by this act of political desperation on the part of the Akufo-Addo government, especially at a time when the Ghana Education Service claims to have outlawed all politically-related activities on the campuses of Senior High Schools,” It added.
It also blamed the silence of the Ghana Education Service and the Ministry of Education on the NPP manipulating them so as to make the NPP government look better.
“The deafening silence of the Ghana Education Service and the Ministry of Education on this matter and other similar acts of impunity comes as no surprise to us. We are not oblivious of the machinations to use various state institutions to give the underperforming Akufo-Addo government an undue incumbency advantage in the lead up to the 2020 General Elections…the hypocrisy of the Ministry of Education and Ghana Education Service (GES) in turning a blind eye on such infractions to the tranquillity of the teaching and learning environment in our Senior High Schools must be roundly condemned by all well-meaning Ghanaians, especially Parents and Guardians”, the party demanded.
- VIDEO: NPP’s Nana B Slaps NDC’s Sammy Gyamfi During A Live Studio Discussion In The Studio Of Asempa FM
- 9 Ghanaians With The Most Difficult Jobs That You Wouldn’t Want To Be In Their Shoes
- Where are all the senior politicians in the NDC? The battle is no longer for babies
- NPP and NDC’s achievements that are confusing voters in decision making
- Why the NDC Should Not Present Mahama as Presidential Candidate Amidst Airbus Scandal
- Reasons why the NDC opposes the compilation of a new Voters Register
- Upcoming referendum ‘a very useless exercise’ – Sammy Gyamfi insists
- Only a fool doesn’t change his mind – Sammy Gyamfi on NDC’s referendum U-turn
- Insensitive, nepotistic Akufo-Addo govt stealing from Ghanaians – Sammy Gyamfi
- NDC won’t disclose manifesto now – National Youth Organiser
- Apologise or face us in court for slandering Gabby Otchere-Darko – Aide to Sammy Gyamfi
- Akufo-Addo the ‘most nepotistic leader in the world’ – NDC
- ‘We’ve evidence NPP is training thugs at Asutuare for election 2020’ – NDC
- NDC executive assaulted at Kyebi over Okyenhene insult
- NDC dissociates from comments against Okyenhene
- Akyem Abuakwa Traditional council demands apology from NDC
- I’ll deal with ‘small boy’ Sammy Gyamfi – Allotey Jacobs fires
- Full list of winners and losers at NDC parliamentary primaries
- Businessman wins Techiman South NDC parliamentary slot
- Financial Sector Clean Up: Bank of Ghana approach insensitive, callous – Sammy Gyamfi
- NDC Race: Evalue Gwira NDC exposes faceless journalist
- Death scare hits Ashaiman NDC as 6 members die in two months
- 4 file to contest Dome Kwabenya NDC primary
- Akufo-Addo has reduced Nduom from ‘edwumawura’ to ‘efiewura’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- 8,000 students set to graduate from NDC school
- Future NDC government will prosecute Hawa Koomson – Sammy Gyamfi
- Akufo-Addo’s government full of ‘braggarts’ and ‘talkatives’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- With or without court injunction we’ll still demonstrate – NDC to defy court order
- NDC to embark on ‘Ye npene/Baa mu yada’ demonstration against EC on Monday
- NDC rejects Regional Minister’s sugar, NPP does same to Adongo’s sugar