A man who stabbed and bit an acquaintance inside a Lawrenceville apartment during an attack that was filmed on an iPad will serve six years in prison.
Sam Safo, 25, was convicted of aggravated battery for the July 2016 incident, which took place at the Wesley Herrington apartments, the Gwinnett County District Attorney’s Office said in a news release Friday.
The witness who recorded the altercation told police the men were arguing when Safo bit the victim in the face and stabbed him in the chest, armpit and behind his ear. Five days later, Safo called Gwinnett police to report that he was robbed at knifepoint, although he refused to meet with police, did not give them access to the crime scene and failed to mention that he stabbed anyone, the release said.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
He was arrested a month later in Maryland and extradited to Georgia to face charges here, records show.At trial, Safo testified that he feared for his life.
During questioning, however, he admitted inviting both men inside his apartment and acknowledged that neither of them had weapons, according to the DA’s release. Prosecutors also showed the Gwinnett jury social media posts made by Safo ahead of his trial that showed him threatening to murder the victim for reporting him to authorities.
Safo was convicted of aggravated battery but acquitted of aggravated assault. He was handed a 15-year sentence with six years to serve in custody.
- Kwaw Kese, and other Ghanaian celebrities who have gone to Prison
- Showboy reveals how he ended up in prison
- Amb. Patten Calls for Diaspora Liberians’ Support
- Guide your freedom well’ – Showboy speaks from prison
- UPDATE ON JUNIOR US’S DEATH: Showboy Issued Death Threats To Junior US When Standing Trial (Video)
- PHOTO: Shata Wale’s friend who caused Showboy’s arrest has been shot dead
- Government gives away new Kotoka Airport to Turkish
- Liberians face looming deportation deadline as Episcopal leaders join calls for leniency
- Pres. Weah and Government concerned about Liberians facing immigration challenges in the U.S., says Amb. Patten
- She fled Liberia’s civil war 24 years ago. Now Trump wants her to go back
- ‘I was raised an American’: Liberians await possible deportation from US
- REVEALED: US Court Used Showboy’s Social Media Posts As Evidence To Convict Him
- Ph.D. student faces deportation to Liberia, where she has never lived
- REVEALED: Showboy Sentenced For 15 Years For Stabbing And Biting
- Criss Waddle launches ‘#FreeShowboy’ campaign
- Employers Asked to Develop Clear Policy on Sexual Harassment At Workplaces
- BREAKING NEWS: Showboy Jailed 6 Years In The US For Stabbing Shatta Wale’s Friend
- SCREENSHOT: I Plotted A Car Accident To Kill Medikal – Showboy Confesses
- Ethiopian Airlines Crashed Plane’s ‘Black Box’ Has Been Found
- Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crash: President Nana Addo Mourns Victims
- Ethiopian Airlines Crashed Plane: List Of Nationalities Onboard Released; No Ghanaian Onboard
- SCREENSHOT: Ghanaian Who Was Supposed To Be On Ethiopian Airlines Crashed Plane Speaks
- UPDATE: ‘No survivors’ on crashed Ethiopian Airline
- VIDEOS: Social Media Goes Frenzy With “Resurrection Challenge”
- NIGERIA ELECTIONS: Atiku Defeats Buhari In Presidential Villa Polling Unit
- NIGERIA ELECTIONS: Vote Counting Underway
- SCREENSHOT: Shatta Wale To Be Appointed As HIV/AIDS Ambassador In Africa?
- VIDEOS: Nigerian Aircraft Overloaded With Too Much Cash Collapses
- Nigerian elections delayed one week
- Namibia decriminalises dumping newborn babies