July 6th, 2020 marks exactly six years that famous Ghanaian hiplife musician and producer, Theophilus Tagoe, popularly known as Castro and his friend Janet Bandu tragically disappeared while on vacation at Ada. Although there are conflicting reports on what really happened to Castro and Janet, one narrative runs through all the stories; that the musician while riding a Jet Ski at Ada towards the estuary drowned. Per the constitution of Ghana, the two would be officially declared dead after seven years of they are not found. So a year from now if nothing miraculously happen for the two to return, their respective families would declare them dead and make plans for funerals.
However, should the not so possible happen, and they are found, Castro may be extremely taken aback by the new Ghana he is going to meet. Several events have happened that he never envisaged. Among all of them, these four things would be his biggest surprises.
DJ Amess’s death
Castro, should he return today would be saddened and surprised by the death of his longtime manager and friend, DJ Amess. DJ Amess Kotei, died on June 4th, 2020 at the Korle-bu Teaching Hospital after suffering from a short illness. The entertainment guru discovered and nurtured Castro to stardom. Aside from working on Castro, DJ Amess Kotei was a regular pundit on ATV, Onua FM Top Radio, Adom Entertainment Hall, Kasapa Entertainment, and many more.
That Akufo-Addo is the President of Ghana
Castro saw Nana Akufo-Addo lose two elections and probably might have thought that Nana Addo would give up on his presidential dreams but here were he is the president of Ghana now. The name of the president then an aspirant was dragged in mud for all the wrong reasons; alleged drug dealings which sadly earned him the chorus, “na nana na cocaine” meaning,” see nana see cocaine”. However, fast forward to December 2016, and Nana Addo won the presidential elections massively. Today, should Castro return, he would be amazed Nana Addo is president of Ghana.
All the major happenings in Ghana with regards to politics would be a surprise to Castro should he return. The death of former Vice President Amissah Arthur, John Mahama’s lost to Nana Addo, and for the first time in the history of Ghana, we have an ex-President contesting for Presidency again, I stand to be corrected though.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Asamoah Gyan’s Declining Career
Castro should he show up today would be very surprised at how the one-time blooming football career of his longtime friend and General captain of the Ghana Black Stars is fast declining. Before Castro went missing, Asamoah Gyan was highest-scoring African at the World Cup with six goals to his name. He was named BBC African Footballer of the Year in 2010 and was counted among the richest and influential players in Africa.
At AFCON, the forward is the second-highest scoring Ghanaian at the tournament with eight goals. However, things seem not to be going too well for the footballer as he claims most people have been secretly calling for his retirement from international football. This situation made him want to quit playing for the Ghana Black Stars until the president Nana Addo interceded.
Also, the football seems to have lost his influence on the Ghana black stars as he lost his captain position to Andrew Dede Ayew but for the timely intervention of the president who created a portfolio of “General-Captain” for Gyan, he would have been demoted from the captain of the team to an ordinary player. All these happenings would surprise Castro should he return.
The Rise of Shatta Wale
Truth is, the name and personality of Shatta Wale are not new to Castro. The two started their music career in the same era. However, Shatta Wale was known as Bandana and his most famous song then was “Bandana from Ghana”, unfortunately for Shatta Wale then Bandana, he couldn’t keep his head up to keep his music going so he got lost in the system leaving Castro and a few others to control the Ghana music scene.
Bandana resurfaced again in 2012 but this time with a hit single dubbed “Dancehall King” and with a new name Shatta Wale. Many people like Castro probably doubted if Shatta Wale could stay consist with his second coming following his ban from the VGMA’s.
Today, Shatta Wale is a household name in Ghana’s entertainment and arguably the most influential musician in Ghana. Should Castro resurface today, he would be totally blown by what Shatta Wale has been able to achieve for himself and the entire music industry.
- Asamoah Gyan should keep quiet, he’s not the family spokesperson – Castro’s father
- Ghanaian celebrities who have publicly shown displeasure for Akufo Addo’s governance
- Ghanaian celebrities who are multi-talented that you probably didn’t know
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- 5 Most generous Ghanaian celebrities who inspire us with their timely donations
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Ghanaian personalities who have been accused of occultism
- Ghanaians celebrities and the teams they support
- 4 times Nana Addo proved to be a listening President
- Funny things that Akufo-Addo would be forever remembered for
- WILD PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities obsessed with cars
- Why is June deadly? June 4th killings, June 3rd Flood, and 6 Ghanaian celebrities who died in the month of June
- All the times Nana Akufo-Addo proved that NPP is above the law
- Would Akufo-Addo contest again in 2024 should he lose this year’s elections?
- Why I will vote against Akufo-Addo even if he gives me free water and electricity for life
- Akufo-Addo’s free water and electricity, are they for votes or genuine concern?
- Why is the President cutting sods for new projects? What if the NDC wins the 2020 elections?
- Will the final year SHS students thank Akufo-Addo for FSHS or punish him for COVID-19 exposure?
- How NPP has strategically secured over 2 million votes ahead of 2020 elections
- In-depth analysis that shows that Akufo-Addo has won the 2020 elections
- Akufo-Addo’s cabinet members go missing; sparks rumours of widespread of COVID-19 in the Jubilee House
- Akufo-Addo goes ‘missing’ in isolation; sparks rumours of coronavirus treatment
- Auditor General Vs The Presidency: Why both should be shown the exit
- Why Nana Addo should be blamed for Carlos Ahenkorah’s recklessness
- COVID-19 Fight: Nana Addo And His Appointees Have Failed Ghanaians
- How corruption has dented Akufo-Addo’s high-earned reputation as a listening President
- Why Nana Addo may win 2020 elections but have the minority in Parliament
- Mahama’s Projects Nana Addo Has Abandoned, And How They Could Have Saved Ghanaians
- Akufo Addo without masks instructs Ghanaians to wear nose masks
- Who is telling lies; The President, Health Minister or Afia Pokua?