A head of sheep momentarily halted the Normalisation Committee Special Cup match between Liberty Professionals and Ebusua Dwarfs at the Dansoman Carl Reindorf Park on Wednesday.
Their presence on the pitch led to Referee Solomon Modey halting play for about five minutes to allow for the sheep to be shepherded out of the pitch.
Although in Ghana it is not uncommon to see stray animals all over, it is considered strange when such animals found their way unto the stadium.
The situation drew miss feelings among spectators. While some laughed over it, it also became a scene for others to attribute to superstition.
However, the circumstances with which the three heads invaded the pitch to feed while play was ongoing still remains bizarre to most fans who wondered how they were able to outwit security at the gate to enter the park in the first place.
Even more strange was how the sheep managed to get on to the pitch which has inner perimeter fence wall and security gate.
A steward at the park was seen in a comical pursuit of the sheep who were running in circles with the steward before finally making their way out of the pitch.
This happened after the 78th minute when the Dansoman-based side was four goals up and suddenly the three sheep started feeding on the pitch.
After some players had helped a steward chase out the sheep off the pitch, some fans began reading superstition into the whole scenario.
Some fans were heard saying the three sheep represents three goals that Liberty Professionals were supposed to have score but they ended up scoring four and wondered where the last goal was coming from.
Liberty Professionals beat the Cape Coast-based club 4-0 with an own goal from Kwadwo Addai, a brace from Emmanuel Addo and Benjamin Eshun’s goal securing the maximum point for the Dansoman-based club.
- English Premier League Betting Guide – Tips & Advice
- Special Competition: Karela United Whip Hearts Of Oak
- Special Competition: Eleven Wonders 0-3 Asante Kotoko – Porcupine Warriors return to winning ways
- Sheep disrupt Liberty Prof. vrs Dwarfs game
- Atletico Madrid places €80 million as Thomas Partey’s price tag
- I won’t naturalize for Russia – Kadri Mohammed pledges his allegiance to Ghana
- Barca coach disappointed in Kevin Boateng’s attitude to training
- Ghana can win 2019 AFCON without me – Gyan
- Bring back Muntari, KP Boateng – Alhaji Grusah
- Real Madrid consider shock move for Thomas Partey
- AFCON 2019: Egyptian Embassy To Assist Ghanaian Fans Ahead Of Tournament
- Inter star Kwadwo Asamoah delighted by ‘important’ win against Genoa
- Special Competition matchday 2 wrap: Sharks shoot down Hearts as Liberty humiliate Dwarfs
- Ghana moves three places up in latest FIFA rankings
- Team Dogboe cautions US Embassy
- Evans Mensah climbs from bench to grab brace as HJK Helsinki start Finnish League with victory
- Ghana defender Nicholas Opoku impresses as Udinese hold AC Milan in serie A
- Majeed Waris recovers from injury, travels with Nantes side to face PSG in French Cup
- Columbus Crew ace Harrison Afful suffers broken jawn 100th MLS cap; ruled out for SIX weeks
- Black Queens captain Elizabeth Addo elated after joining Chinese side Jiangsu Suning
- Man United target Thomas Partey features as Atletico Madrid close gap on Barcelona in La Liga
- KP Boateng will leave Barcelona at the end of the season
- Andre Ayew determined to win AFCON title
- Anthony Annan neglects kids; wife cries for help
- Black Stars Denied Hotel Access
- CAF CONFEDERATION CUP: Kotoko Fall To Zesco; Eliminated In Group Stage
- Asamoah Named As Manager of Schalke 04
- FIFA Approves A New 24 Team Club World Cup
- UEFA Champions League quarter-final draw: Manchester City face Tottenham, Barclelona play Man United
- Hearts of Oak CEO Mark Noonan resigns