Ghanaian dancehall artiste Stonebwoy has detailed why he pleaded with the state authorities to temper justice with mercy and drop the court case between him and Shatta Wale.
According to the “Top Skanka” hitmaker, he and Shatta Wale are special people who deserve special treatment, therefore, their case should be dropped.
He added that after the incident, both parties have sorted their issues out and have led by example.
“In Ghana, Stonebwoy is special, Shatta Wale is special. We are too special. Special people get some special treatment like the bosses get some bossy ‘chick’.
The reality of the matter is that the two of us have led by example as leaders as we are because leaders will clash, leaders will fight but the speed at which they realize also matters. Sometimes it takes time.
After the incident, the speed and mindset that we used to connect back realizing that millions of Ghanaians live on us and dropping from our high horses and meeting each other halfway were loved. I think there should be a contact point or a factor that will influence those who hold the law to check it out.
Also, the constitution gives the government the legal right to call off certain cases and if we are special, we deserve it”, Stonebwoy stated.
Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale disrupted the 20th edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards on 18th May 2019 after the former was declared the Reggae/Dancehall Artiste of the year.
Shatta Wale stormed the stage with his militant which resulted in a brawl and Stonebwoy also pulled out a gun on stage with marred the event for almost 30 minutes.
After the incident, the two were arrested and granted bail of 50,000 each the next day and were later arraigned before court.
Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy are to appear in court again on 14th October 2019.
They were also indefinitely suspended from the VGMAs and also ordered to return the awards they won on the night.
Few days later, Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy organized a peace conference to show Ghanaians that they are currently united.
- Shatta Wale Dashes His ‘Most Popular Video’ Award To Stonebwoy And Promises Never To Beef With Him Anymore(Video)
- Shatta Wale beats Stonebwoy, Sarkodie at 2019 Ghana Music Awards UK
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale case stalls
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale case stalls
- Shatta ‘bigs up’ Stonebwoy on his Buju Banton collabo
- I’ll love a collaboration with Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Sarkodie – Bro Sammy
- Stonebwoy, Samini could have gotten Beyonce collabo – Shatta Wale
- State to call four witnesses in Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale trial
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale court case adjourned due to absence of 4th witness
- Stop ‘chopping’ area girls and marry like Sark, Stonebwoy, others – Rosemond Browns to Shatta Wale
- Why create chaos and ask us to pay? – Shatta Wale/Stonebwoy queried
- ShattaStone is a nine days’ wonder — Industry players
- Shatta Wale quotes bible verse to support why he kissed Stonebwoy
- Love Stonebwoy, he is a very nice guy – Shatta Wale explains to SM fans
- Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy team up for ”Ghana First” concert
- Stonebwoy, Shatta send message to Ghana Police
- Shatta-Stonebwoy Peace Conference: Kelvynboy snubs Wendy Shay (Video)
- Stonebwoy and I are taking Ghana Music to the world – Shatta Wale
- How Samini, Sarkodie and Kwaw Kese reacted to Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy’s reunion
- Nana Aba descends on Obuor for not taking steps to reunite Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy
- Nana Aba Anamoah is the brain behind Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy’s unity
- If I were Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale I won’t return any award to VGMA Board – Edem
- Stonebwoy finally reacts to Shatta Wale mocking his crippled leg
- Stonebwoy should have left Blakk Cedi to slap Shatta Wale – Blakofe
- Balotelli shows massive support for Stonebwoy after VGMA saga
- Blame Charterhouse for VGMA brawl not Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale – Ex-Doe
- Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy VGMA fracas; Are we safe?
- I thought Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale would learn from my experience – Gemann
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale stripped of VGMA awards
- Shatta, Stonebwoy gun battle clearly exposes your incompetence – Afia Schwar tears into Charterhouse