The Adjabeng magistrate court in Accra presided over by His Worship Mr Isaac Addo has issued a stern warning and threatened to issue a bench warrant for the arrest of Charles Nii Armah a popularly Ghanaian Dancehall musician affectionately called Shata Wale if he fails to appear in court at the next adjourned date.
Shatta Wale who together with Stonebwoy are standing trial for offensive misconduct during the last edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awarded, was not present in court on Wednesday, when the prosecution was expected to call its first witness.
However, when the case was called, Stonebwoy was present together with his lawyer but Shatta Wale and his lawyer were both absent.
Prosecution led by Superintendent Emilia Asante, however, prayed the court for a bench warrant to be issued for the arrest of the musician.
It was the case of Superintendent Asante that the accused person was delaying the trial due to his continues absence from court.
She explained that prosecution’s first witness has a tight schedule but has managed to come to court only for the case to be adjourned.
The magistrate subsequently initiated the bench warrant but his lawyer Jerry Avenyorgbo appeared on time and pleaded for the court to temper justice with mercy.
The Magistrate said both the second accused (Shatta Wale) and his lawyer are playing with court, a development the court is unhappy about.
“Second accused (Shatta Wale) and his lawyer are playing with the court. For a very long time he has not appeared in court.”
Counsel for Shatta Wale, Jerry Avenyorgbo prior to the court rescinding its earlier decision said his client was on his way.
He was obliged some time to get through with his client on the phone but, he returned to inform the court that he could not get through him.
He then pleaded with the court to rescind his earlier decision and received backing from Stonebwoy’s lawyer who added his voice to the plea.
His Worship Mr Addo, however, rescinded his ruling and warned that he will not tolerate such actions from both parties and he will go ahead to take any decision against them if it is repeated.
The lawyer for Shatta Wale promised to ensure that his client is present on the next adjourned date.
Meanwhile, Stonebwoy was present in court and his lawyer prayed the court to temper justice with mercy and rescind its earlier decision.
The case has been adjourned to November 4.
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- ‘I Don’t Want Shatta Wale To Sign Me, He Has Poor Managerial Skills’- Kevynboy Fires
- Shatta Wale earns first Grammy credit on Beyonce’s Lion King album
- Shatta Wale Dashes His ‘Most Popular Video’ Award To Stonebwoy And Promises Never To Beef With Him Anymore(Video)
- 4SyteTv Music Video Awards 2019: Shatta Wale bags 5 awards
- Stop pretending and make Ghana better – Shatta Wale tells Ghanaians
- When will Ghanaians rise against these greedy politicians? – Shatta Wale
- I know my name will fade off soon – Shatta Wale
- It’s a lie – Michy denies patching up with Shatta Wale
- I didn’t go to Sarkodie’s concert because he didn’t invite me – Shatta Wale
- I no longer post videos insulting anyone – Shatta Wale
- I’m working things out with Shatta Michy – Shatta Wale
- It’s all an act – Shatta Wale on controversies
- Shatta Wale has made me fearless – Wendy Shay
- Review of Shatta Wale’s Wonder Boy Album Concert with DreamLine
- My son’s music will be studied in universities soon – Shatta Wale’s mother
- Stop peddling falsehood – Shatta Wale warns bloggers
- Shatta Wale has never been my friend – Yaa Pono
- I can’t wish people what I don’t feel – Yaa Pono to Shatta Wale
- Shatta Wale launches ‘Wonder Boy’ album at 2019 Reign Concert
- Shatta Wale’s ‘Wonder Boy’ album, a mark of greatness
- 5 reasons Shatta Wale could not fill the Fantasy Dome at 2019 ‘Reign Concert’
- I didn’t wish Shatta Wale ‘Happy Birthday’ because he is not my friend – Yaa Pono
- Shatta Wale’s wish of showering fatherly love on his son finally granted
- These throwback photos of Shatta Wale as he turns 35 will put smiles on your face
- Shatta Wale causes debate with latest comments on NPP and NDC
- Shatta Wale to win Grammy Award with Wonder Boy
- I promote Ghanaian culture with my music – Shatta Wale
- I’m the only serious and business minded artiste in Ghana – Shatta Wale