Ghanaian actress and movie producer Yvonne Nelson has advised upcoming actresses to desist from sleeping with movie directors and producers for movie roles.
Popularly referred to as sex-for-roles, Ms Nelson said the phenomena exist in all walks of life and not only limited to the movie industry as it has been perceived over the years.
The award-winning actress said men have made advances at her but she stood her grounds and rejected such advances.
Speaking on Touch of Class on Class91.3FM on Monday, 4 October 2019, Ms Nelson said: “I believe sex-for-roles is everywhere, its in the banking sector, it’s in the churches, it’s everywhere and I think these things happen because of desperation. When a girl is so desperate, she’d want to do anything but I always tell the younger ones that if someone tells you I want to go to bed with you for a role just walk away. You can try again and keep trying, you don’t have to sleep with a man or a producer or a director for a role. How many of them can you keep sleeping with for roles?”
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
She continued: “I’ve always been vocal; I’ve always been this girl who would speak her mind and just walk away. People didn’t understand, I’ve had people make advances but you say no, but that’s something that we find very difficult to say.”
There have been constant complaints from up-and-coming actresses accusing movie producers of demanding sex before giving them roles.
Some of them claim that even after giving in to the demands they are sometimes not handed the roles promised.
Ms Nelson is premiering her new movie at the Silverbird cinema titled “Fix us” on 6 December 2019. Notable names in the movie include, Yvonne Okoro, Tobi from Big Brother Nigeria, Michelle Attoh, Hajia4real, Irene Logan and Prince David Osei.
- Yvonne Nelson and Nana Aba Anamoah ‘clash’ over Obrafour and Sarkodie
- Mzbel responds to Yvonne Nelson; defends NDC over bad Volta Region roads
- Female Celebrities Who Want To Be President
- Ghanaian celebrities who married or dated foreigners
- PHOTOS: Female Ghanaian celebrities who make short hair beautiful
- Ghana Celebrities Advocating For Marijuana Legalization
- Celebrity Baby Bumps That Will Make You Feel Like Getting Pregnant Immediately
- Ghanaian Female Celebrities Who Have Been Brutally Assaulted By Their Boyfriends
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- Ghanaian female celebrities using their star power to launch businesses
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Blakk Cedi finally shows Stonebwoy power on Instagram after he sacked him
- Kofi Kinaata deserves nomination in Gospel Song of the Year category – Quophi Okyeame
- ‘Buy land in Ghana’ – Akon woos African-Americans investors ahead of Year of Return
- KiDi speaks on having a child at age 23
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Africangurl Donia (AGD) – ‘Reason With Me’ (Cover)
- Medikal, Eno to ‘shutdown’ Ghana with Cardi B
- Most gospel musicians are not called by God – Cindy Thompson
- Obrafour ‘angrily’ replies Yaw Labito over allegations
- Kidi was my prayer point – Kuami Eugene confesses
- Kuami Eugene recounts ‘crazy’ experiences with female fans
- 2019 has been the best year in my music career – Strongman
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- ‘I Don’t Want Shatta Wale To Sign Me, He Has Poor Managerial Skills’- Kevynboy Fires
- Musician Kontihene escapes a gory accident (+ photo
- The industry has no room for an ungrateful person like Kelvyn Boy – KOD fires
- I once saw choristers taking off their robes, pulling out cigarettes and Alcohol – Cindy Thompson
- Desist from social media hype – Cabum advises artists