Ghanaian highlife/afrobeat singer Kwami Eugene has advised female musicians Wendy Shay and Fantana, both signees of Bullet’s RuffTown Records to find a peaceful means of settling their quarrels.
His counsel follows the brewing tension between the two ladies which has caused some uneasiness at the record label in the past months.
“I feel like they should solve it amicably,” the AFRIMA 2018 Most Promising Artiste in Africa and 2018 Highlife Artiste of the Year at the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards said on Accra 100.5FM’s Ayekoo Ayekoo mid-morning show on Tuesday, 29 October 2019.
The two acts have displayed unfriendliness toward each other at public events and communicated through their public utterances that they do not see eye to eye.
Responding to a post by Bullet on Instagram on Sunday, 29 October 2019, ‘Girls Hate On Girls’ singer Fantana suggested that Bullet and Wendy Shay have been maltreating her even though they are all of the same camp.
She disclosed that she had resolved to end her association with RuffTown Records several months ago.
“Dear Wendy & Bullet, You guys started this and I will simply end it. It’s so funny how you feel the need to publicly humiliate me making it seem like you KUT ME from the label when the whole time I’m the one who has been wanting to leave! You know my number, and my house,” she said in her post.
Describing the whole affair as murky, Kwami Eugene said: “I don’t know what is really going on but I have heard a lot, and sometimes with the media, you don’t have to trust everything. Some [of the things you hear] are legit [and] some [outlets] also exaggerate, so, sometimes I pay no attention”.
“I don’t know who is fighting [who]. Whether it’s Fantana and Bullet or Fantana and Wendy or its Wendy Shay and Bullet. I don’t know what’s happening but what I feel is [that] it is quite serious because Fantana emerged not long ago, so, I wouldn’t wish there should be some sort of misunderstanding between her and someone”, Kwami Eugene told show host Nana Romeo.
- Fantana jams to Wendy Shay’s latest song
- I’m better than Wendy Shay and Fantana – Ms Forson challenges
- Wendy Shay vs Fantana beef: Watch how they were forced to hug
- Fantana is now learning how to cook – Wendy Shay
- I’m only interested in footballers who play for renowned clubs – Fantana
- VIDEO: Danny Beatz – Don’t Let Me Fall ft Fantana & Freda Rhymz
- Ghanaians troll Wendy Shay for missing lines in popular gospel song
- My mother wants to be an MP but I’m not a registered voter – Fantana
- Bullet gave the songs we wrote together to Wendy Shay – Ms Forson
- Ola Michaels apologises to Wendy Shay over ‘ugly looks’ comment
- Wendy Shay clashes with Ola Michael over ‘make-up’ comment
- Stop the negative stories, project us in a good way – Wendy Shay to bloggers
- Who’s Fantana? she’s a nonentity, my younger sister is even better than her – Epixode fumes
- Shatta Wale has made me fearless – Wendy Shay
- People are just jealous of her wealth – Fantana debunks scam claims against her mother
- Stop insulting me, correct me when I’m wrong – Wendy Shay to critics
- Don’t enhance your body because of a man – Fantana advice
- Fantana replies critics who accuse her of big mouth and teeth
- I can’t date a poor guy – Fantana
- Fantana speaks on how she handles internet trolls
- I’m from a rich home so I don’t date men like Shatta Bundle – Fantana
- The constant insults from people drain me emotionally – Wendy Shay
- ‘You’ll run away if you take a look at Wendy Shay in the morning’ – Ola Michael
- Shatta Wale’s words to Wendy Shay after she shamed critics with new Jeep
- Wendy Shay and 9 celebrities we’ve seen with customized number plate cars
- Wendy Shay’s interview edited to gain traffic – Bullet
- Wendy Shay speaks dumbly in interviews because her manager Bullet is dumb – Bulldog
- I’m proud I can now buy an iPhone – Wendy Shay defends her net worth answer
- Fresh revelations over Ebony’s death
- Bullet accused of stealing songs for Wendy Shay