Ghanaian rapper Michael Owusu Addo, known in showbiz as Sarkodie, has requested to have a meeting with the President, Nana Akufo-Addo.
According to him, he wants to meet the President to have a discussion on why ‘things are hard’ in the country.
He, however, added that in the absence of a meeting with Nana Addo, he would resort to releasing songs to address his concerns.
“I need one on one with the president and people in power to have a convo on the economy if there’s a long-term plan that’s causing the hardship now or things are hard for no reason… else inflation x Masses Part 2,” he wrote.
A few years ago, Sarkodie released ‘Inflation’ and ‘Masses’ to touch on pertinent issues bothering the ordinary Ghanaian.
Last week, he took to Twitter, addressing issues of poor African leadership in a litany of posts.
In one of his posts, he suggested that what could possibly be the solution to Africa’s problems is a dictatorship.
“What we need at this point might seem like a dictatorship and will feel uncomfortable since we have enjoyed temporal freedom for a minute, but we need drastic measures to survive,” he tweeted.
This is not the first time an artiste is requesting to meet the president. Shatta Wale on his birthday in October 2017, tweeted at Nana Addo, to invite him to the Jubilee House, and his request was granted.
- President Akufo-Addo ‘snubs’ Sarkodie, meets with Stonebwoy instead
- Shatta Wale ‘punches’ Sarkodie on Twitter over his quest to meet Nana Addo
- Top reasons why Sarkodie can’t meet President Akufo-Addo
- Why Nana Addo should be blamed for Carlos Ahenkorah’s recklessness
- Should Castro return today, these 4 things would be his biggest surprises
- COVID-19 Fight: Nana Addo And His Appointees Have Failed Ghanaians
- Coronavirus: Ghanaian Celebrities who were put under mandatory quarantine
- Funny things that Akufo-Addo would be forever remembered for
- Musicians that ‘ruled’ Ghana in their Prime
- Ghanaian celebrities who have tested for Coronavirus
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- How corruption has dented Akufo-Addo’s high-earned reputation as a listening President
- 4 times Nana Addo proved to be a listening President
- Why Nana Addo may win 2020 elections but have the minority in Parliament
- Mahama’s Projects Nana Addo Has Abandoned, And How They Could Have Saved Ghanaians
- Ghanaian celebrities who lost contracts after shameful acts in public
- Akufo Addo without masks instructs Ghanaians to wear nose masks
- Who is telling lies; The President, Health Minister or Afia Pokua?
- Campaign of infrastructure: Whose legacy, Nana Addo or John Mahama?
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by death hoaxes
- Should everything be launched? The case of the launch of Ghana’s GHS600M stimulus package
- Is Sarkodie currently in Ghana?
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- Brand Nu Y3 SARK: Checkout Sarkodie’s Classic Red Carpet Look To The 2019 MTN 4Syte Music Video Awards
- I’m not ready to rap in English – Sarkodie
- The minister saying Sarkodie is the artiste selling Ghana the most is wrong – Bulldog
- ‘I Don’t Envy Sarkodie’s Success’- Edem
- Sarkodie named ambassador for Year of Return
- I didn’t go to Sarkodie’s concert because he didn’t invite me – Shatta Wale
- Sista Afia is just dope – Sarkodie