A policeman identified as Sergeant Emmanuel Amede of the Ghana Police Service on Sunday dawn shot himself to death in his room at the Nungua Police Barracks in the Greater Accra Region, MyNewsGh.com has confirmed.
The 44-year-old with service number 34586 is reported to have shot himself with his AK 47 rifle which he booked for official duties but it kept in his room for reasons yet to be uncovered, this portal gathered.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
According to the wife of the deceased, he suddenly woke up from sleep at about rifle and asked her and children to leave the room or he would kill them.
Crime scene Management Team from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) at the Police Headquarters were called to cover the scene.
The body of the deceased has since been deposited at Police Hospital morgue for preservation pending an autopsy.
- Why police officers still take bribe; IGP’s take
- Police, military deployed to crack down on warmongers in conflict-ravaged town
- Ara B Shows His Gangster Side; Says He Has Guns
- Probe begins after police officer guns down man at Kasoa
- Operation Cow leg arrests three suspected robbers in Eastern Region
- Policeman Sentenced To Death For Murder
- Police harassed me sexually while investigating JB Danquah-Adu’s death – Widow
- #BringBackOurTaadiGirls: Number one trending hashtag on twitter; Police suspected of foul play
- 5 Most corrupt institutions in Ghana revealed; Police tops
- Breaking News: Vodafone speeding vehicle knocks down and Kills policeman at checkpoint