Ghana’s sensational US-based reggae artist, song writer and record producer, Rocky Dawuni, in an interview on Hitz FM’s Daybreak Hitz with Andy Dosty, debunked the claims by Cabum that he used his father’s intellectual property without duly taking permission or going through the right process.
The son of Legendary Alhaji K. Frimpong of “Kyenkyen Bi Adi M’awu” fame, Frank Kwame Gyasi-Frimpong, known in the Ghanaian music industry as Cabum, recently attacked Rocky Dawuni and Ghana’s Music industry for sitting unconcerned while Rocky uses his father’s work without due permission in his new “Beats of Zion” album.
Rocky however finds Cabum’s accusations and claims as unfortunate when he first saw the publication.
According to the “Hymns For The Rebel Soul” hitmaker, he rather did a remake of the “Kyenkyen Bi Adi M’awu” on which he featured Sarkodie, Ghana’s finest rapper, and not a sampling as Cabum claimed which are very different.
“Well, it’s a remake. There’s a difference between when you license a song and when a song is a sample or when you remake a song. You can remake a Bob Marley song”.
“The most important thing is that when you remake the song you have to make sure that all the [mechanicals] in publishing, such as the right publisher, are plugged into the system or are attended to when the song is done”, he clarified.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
He further said, “And so all of that stuff have been taken care of and registered through my channel. I spent time in America where there’s a system to put that in and we have organizations here who are signatories to that. So, when I plug the thing into the system, it goes through the system and every person that anything is due is protected. I have actually reached out to the family and have even told them of my intentions to help them set a direct account so that whatever is due them will go through”.
He however said all these were done after the song was made as it’s in order as far as you plug in the mechanicals for all who are due something to duly get it without contacting anybody.
Rocky also posited that, he remade Alhaji’s song as a form of respect and appreciation to the great man as he was gifted to record a song of his choice in one of the most costly studios in America, The Village Studios, and rather chose the legend’s song over his. According to him, it was nothing more than showing respect and appreciation to the man as he, Rocky, was a Grammy Nominee and won’t need someone’s song to hype himself. Moreover, all that Cabum spoke of had been catered for before those accusations.
- I Did “Kyenkyen Bi Edi Mawu” Cover To Honour Alhaji K Frimpong – Rocky Dawuni
- ‘Branches Of The Same Tree’ Should Have Won The Grammy In 2015 – Rocky Dawuni Says
- 9 Ghanaian celebrities who switched Kumasi for Accra
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies
- Desist from social media hype – Cabum advises artists
- Yaa Pono names his six friends in the music industry
- Only Witches Are Against Shatta Wale And Beyonce’s Collabration – Cabum
- Andy Dosty joins Rahim Banda for ‘Back to School Project’ donation to Al Falah Islamic
- You Sound Good And I See Talent In You – Andy Dosty Tells Jiggy Waz
- 8 Ghanaian Musicians Who Made It To Billboard World Chart
- I Taught Sarkodie In The Primary School – Rocky Dawuni Insists
- Go And Sin No More – Andy Dosty Forgives Shatta Wale
- SCREENSHOT: Yvonne Okoro ‘Advertises’ Herself To Ghanaian Men On International Women’s Day
- I Support The Building Of The National Cathedral – Ohemaa Mercy
- Kontinhene Blames His Dead Career On Kwabena Kwabena
- Kontihene tells Andy Dosty in the face that he’s wicked; regrets helping Kwabena Kwabena
- I Made Shatta Wale Who He Is Today But He’s Paying Me Back With Insults – Andy Dosty Laments
- Stop Pitching Artistes Against Each Other – Rocky Dawuni Jabs The Media
- Guess Which Grammy Awards Nominee Taught Sarkodie In School
- Shatta Wale In Possession Of Prince Tsegah’s Sex Tape?
- Bola Ray scares away a TV showbiz pundit from his issues after causing his arrest
- Release my sex tape with Adebayor for $100,000 – Yvonne Okoro dares Bloggers
- I’ve recorded myself while having sex with my boyfriend before – Yvonne Okoro reveals
- Yaa Pono Endorses Profane Songs
- I have Not Had S3x In 2 Years – Sista Afia Reveals
- I Have Swag ─ Tourism Minister, Catherine Afeku Replies Critics Of Her ‘Revealing’ Dress