George Quaye, the head of event and communication at Charter House, organizers of annual Vodafone Ghana Music Awards has revealed that Richie Mensah the CEO of Lynx Entertainment was fire from the board of VGMA after she signed Mzvee unto his record label.
According to George Quaye, members of the VGMA board are not supposed to have any ties or whatsoever with musicians. This rule was put in place to avoid conflict of interest on the part of the VGMA board.
Hosting Joy FM’s “Showbiz A to Z” with Richie Mensah as the guest, George Quaye said:
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“As soon as he signed MzVee he was fired. The board no dey play like that, he was fired instantly. Same for Kwame Fakye, soon as he signed Adina he was fired quickly”
Geroge Quaye was reacting to Richie Mensah picking his nomination to contest for the MUSIGA Vice-President. George Quaye explained that even if Richie wins the contest he won’t be a member of VGMA board by default because he has already been fired from the board.
Richie who was on the show confirmed he is no mare a member of the VGMA board and cautioned people to stop accusing him of using his influence to help his artists to win nomination and awards at VGMA because he has no influence on the board.
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- Blakk Cedi finally shows Stonebwoy power on Instagram after he sacked him
- Kofi Kinaata deserves nomination in Gospel Song of the Year category – Quophi Okyeame
- ‘Buy land in Ghana’ – Akon woos African-Americans investors ahead of Year of Return
- KiDi speaks on having a child at age 23
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Africangurl Donia (AGD) – ‘Reason With Me’ (Cover)
- Medikal, Eno to ‘shutdown’ Ghana with Cardi B
- Most gospel musicians are not called by God – Cindy Thompson
- Obrafour ‘angrily’ replies Yaw Labito over allegations
- Kidi was my prayer point – Kuami Eugene confesses
- Kuami Eugene recounts ‘crazy’ experiences with female fans
- 2019 has been the best year in my music career – Strongman
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- ‘I Don’t Want Shatta Wale To Sign Me, He Has Poor Managerial Skills’- Kevynboy Fires
- Musician Kontihene escapes a gory accident (+ photo
- The industry has no room for an ungrateful person like Kelvyn Boy – KOD fires
- I once saw choristers taking off their robes, pulling out cigarettes and Alcohol – Cindy Thompson
- Desist from social media hype – Cabum advises artists
- Branding, key to music industry – EBA
- Can gospel musicians collaborate with secular artists?
- Social media has been a game changer – KK Fosu
- Wei Ye Oteng attacks Zylofon Media
- Shatana is a retired slay queen – Terry Bonchaka’s former manager jabs musician
- I’m only interested in footballers who play for renowned clubs – Fantana
- Amakye Dede sues Trigmatic for defamation; demands GHC1m
- Traditional language is my identity – Wiyaala
- Stop discrediting local artistes and producers – Fuse ODG ‘angrily’ tells journalists
- VIDEO: Danny Beatz – Don’t Let Me Fall ft Fantana & Freda Rhymz
- Shatta Wale earns first Grammy credit on Beyonce’s Lion King album