Kofi Kinaata, one of Ghana’s top rappers has reacted to claims by veteran music Rex Omar that he is not a songwriter but a good lyricist.
In a phone-in interview with Arnold Elavanyo on Zylofon’s Showbiz Agenda, the ‘Abiba’ hitmaker was asked to mention his top 5 Ghanaian songwriters of all time and surprisingly categorised Kofi Kinaata as a lyricist and not a songwriter.
Reacting to the claims by Rex Omar, Kofi Kinaata said he does not feel angry or worried over what the veteran musician said.
To him, his fans are in a better position to appreciate what he does.
“This is music, and you can choose to call it whatever you want. I release songs for my fans, and it is within their right to describe my songs whatever they want.”
“I am a musician. What he needs to understand is that even with the keyboard, someone had a vision about it before it was designed. Before we had a baby sitter, people were doing that. Everything existed before it was given a name. Today, we refer to watchmen as security guards, ‘koobi’ as tilapia and so, he should not undermine home sense,” he added.
- Kofi Kinaata deserves nomination in Gospel Song of the Year category – Quophi Okyeame
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- Kofi Kinataa thrills crowd ‘Things Fall Apart’ performance
- Not even Jay Z is beyond Payola – Kofi Kinaata denies ‘no payment’ claims
- I have grown beyond paying payola – Kofi Kinaata
- Kofi Kinaata, Kuami Eugene, Dope Nation, others billed for #D2R2019
- Songwriter of the Year Award will be bonus for me – Kofi Kinaata
- Blogger describes Kofi Kinaata as a preacher and not a musician
- I’II soon tie the knot – Kofi Kinaata
- Enough thinking does not go into songs produced lately – Kofi Kinaata
- Kofi Kinaata dejected over death of kidnapped Takoradi girls
- NEW MUSIC: Don Kweli featuring Kofi Kinaata – Happy Life (Prod by Willisbeat)
- Before signing to High Grade family, I was doing music for fun – Kofi Kinaata
- Former GHAMRO Boards fail to account for GHC2.3m spent – Report
- These Ghanaian musicians are beefing for real and not for publicity stunt
- Ghanaian celebrities who have publicly shown displeasure for Akufo Addo’s governance
- Ghanaian celebrities who support Manchester United
- Ghanaians celebrities and the teams they support
- Ghanaian celebrities who have never been in the news for the wrong reason
- Blakk Cedi finally shows Stonebwoy power on Instagram after he sacked him
- ‘Buy land in Ghana’ – Akon woos African-Americans investors ahead of Year of Return
- KiDi speaks on having a child at age 23
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Africangurl Donia (AGD) – ‘Reason With Me’ (Cover)
- Medikal, Eno to ‘shutdown’ Ghana with Cardi B
- Most gospel musicians are not called by God – Cindy Thompson
- Obrafour ‘angrily’ replies Yaw Labito over allegations
- Kidi was my prayer point – Kuami Eugene confesses
- Kuami Eugene recounts ‘crazy’ experiences with female fans
- 2019 has been the best year in my music career – Strongman