America-based Ghanaian actor, Abraham Attah said few days ago that he will be willing to star in local movies only if they have a future.
Abraham Attah’s statement on the “Atuu” show with Abeiku Santana was taken literally until today that his co-actor Strika was spotted begging in the streets of Accra.
It’s evident that “Gollywood” is much interested in featuring Abraham Attah who has won several international awards and had further grooming in Hollywood than Strika who could equally be groomed to become a good actor.
Strika has since been forgotten by the local industry and perhaps everyone is waiting for him to climb the ladder further before granting him roles in the local movies.
Abraham Attah could have suffered the same fate of Strika if not the opportunity he had to school in the United States.
Though Strika is reported to have received $30,000 for his role in ‘Beasts of No Nation’, further nurturing by players in Ghanaian Film industry would have saved the young actor from this unfortunate situation.
Ghana is known to be ending careers and killing talents of its citizens. Several footballers have regretted ever playing for Ghana which prevents them from playing for other countries. So Attah’s wish of not becoming ‘Strika’ or have his talent destroyed in Ghana could be a major reason he doesn’t want to have anything to do with the local movie industry.
- We Can’t Accept Strika Back – Cape Coast Montessori School
- We Paid Wee Smokers GHS100 Before They Released Strika – Headmaster Reveals
- Abraham Attah’s manager slams Strika, Calls Him Troublesome and Truant
- Strika and Yvonne Nelson to premiere ‘Jungle Justice’; ‘Beasts of No Nation’ actor not neglected
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- 4 Richest young celebrities in Ghana
- Ex-Sports Minister details how Ghana used ‘juju’ to beat Egypt 6-1 in 2013
- Ghana fail to beat Benin in AFCON opener
- Africa Stand Up! The Movement To Unite African Musicians To Compete The World Is Here – “The Taste of Afrika”
- Kwesi Appiah announces final 23-man squad for AFCON
- Black Stars lose to Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly
- Ghana to play Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly on Sunday
- Black Stars held their first training in Dubai
- Asamoah Gyan quits international football
- Lucy Quist resigns from Normalisation Committee post
- 5 in 10; the journey so far
- Dortmund appoint Otto Addo as assistant coach
- Black Stars to hold training camp in Abu Dhabi
- Kwesi Appiah assesses Ghana’s chances
- Trabzonspor to open negotiations with Leeds over Ekuban
- Badu rules himself out of AFCON 2019
- Partey committed to Atletico Madrid amidst transfer rumours
- Schlupp delighted with win over Newcastle
- Ghana’s two angels: An insult to their congregations
- SECURITY ALERT: Prophet Stephen Kwadwo Adom – a threat to public safety
- CUSTOMER CARE: Is Opportunity International Savings and Loans next to Midlands?
- Death and the politics of tribute in Ghana: Focusing on the Akan
- Honourable but not honest
- Did Dr. Otabil Indeed Play No Role In the Collapse of Capital Bank?
- Menzgold – Joy News’ Laughable So Called Visit to Menzgold’s London Office