Premier League club Huddersfield Town is set to have a new owner after its current chairman and owner Dean Hoyle announced there is an agreement to sell the club.
Hoyle bought Huddersfield in 2009 and has oversaw its rise from League One to the Premier League.
Huddersfield’s two-season stay in the top flight will come to an end after this current campaign with the team currently bottom of the Premier League table and already relegated.
Hoyle is set to sell up his 75 per cent stake to Phil Hodgkinson who will take over as chairman.
Hoyle spoke to the club’s official website about the take over as well as thanked the fans.
“I still cannot believe that my time as chairman is coming to an end. ‘’
“I’d like to take this opportunity to thank every single Huddersfield fan for their incredible support of my family and me during the last decade. We’ve had an unbelievable time together with the club, creating memories that will last a lifetime.’’
“My heart doesn’t want me to sell the club and I believe the Manchester United game will probably be the most emotional day of my life.’’
Bottom-placed Huddersfield currently have 15 points with three wins from 37 games in the Premier League
- English Premier League Betting Guide – Tips & Advice
- Liverpool win sixth UEFA Champions League
- Hazard expects Chelsea exit to be announced soon
- Adomah secures Premier League promotion with Aston Villa
- Kompany announces Manchester City exit
- Lichtsteiner is set to leave Arsenal after Europa League Final
- It makes it very hard for me to have respect Maurizio Sarri- Gary Cahill reveals
- Luiz pens new deal at Chelsea
- Atsu on target for Newcastle against Liverpool
- Bailly ruled out of AFCON
- Adebayor talks about Arsenal’s challenges
- Herrera to join PSG next season
- Lukaku dreams to play in Italy
- Guardiola debunks Mahrez exit rumours
- Historic: Long scores fastest goal in English Premier League
- Giroud to stay at Chelsea
- Salah named one of the world’s most influential people by Time magazine
- Solskjaer set to make tough decisions on Manchester United squad
- Benayoun announces his retirement
- Schlupp delighted with win over Newcastle
- Leicester City appoint Brendan Rodgers as new manager
- English Premier League: Liverpool taste first defeat away to Manchester City; Citizens back in title race
- English Premier League: Wolves stun Spurs to dent their title hopes
- Boxing Day English Premier League Wrap: Manchester City’s woes continues as Liverpool go six points clear at the top